Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last week, OmaKitty has thrown up at least once a day. At first, she was throwing up her food, then I let her outside to eat some grass the other day, thinking that would help if her tummy was upset.

She didn't throw up yesterday but today, she threw up again. No food, just liquid this time. She's still hydrated and drinking water (just a touch more than usual) and she's eating well.

I know it has to be an upset stomach since her gums are pink and she isn't running a fever so I don't want to take her to the vet but I don't know what to do to get her to stop tossin' her cookies.

The worst part is that due to her past, she gets very upset when she does something she shouldn't do, so she throws up and becomes upset about it and throws up again from sheer anxiety.

So far, she hasn't throw up in almost 16 hours, so I'm hoping it has passed. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized how many times I used the phrase "throw (thrown) up" in that post. I'm so sorry if anyone's trying to eat their breakfast!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
You also used the phrase "tossin' her cookies" for a nice change of pace. :lol:

Lily woke me at 4:00 this morning ("It's time for breakfast, mommy") so I decided to come here rather than go back to sleep for another hour or so. I'm sorry to hear Omakitty is feeling poorly. I'll say a prayer and keep a good thought for her. Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
get well soon onakitty......... don't wait to long to take her to the vet, pink gums and no fever don't always equal excellent health. especially if she's up there in age....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Brooke and Minx and their Mommy are sorry to hear dear Omakitty has been out of sorts and send their love and get well real quick "so you can annoy the heck out of Cooper again." :love5:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just sat down with OmaKitty a little while ago and asked if she wanted to go to the doctor for her tummy. She gave me a very big NO, so I let her outside to eat some grass instead.

I've been watching her litterbox and she's not doing anything out of the normal in there and she still looks good on my physical examination of her so I've decided that if she "tosses her cookies" (that's for Rachael) again today, I'm going to call and ask them what I should do.

Thank you to everyone for your well-wishes. Hopefully, she just has a tummy bug and is over it now. No kitty barf for over 24 hours now - that's a good sign.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
I've been watching her litterbox and she's not doing anything out of the normal in there and she still looks good on my physical examination of her so I've decided that if she "tosses her cookies" (that's for Rachael) again today, I'm going to call and ask them what I should do.
Thank you. :roll:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rachael Polachek said:
Cooper said:
Thank you. :roll:
You're very welcome. :toothy4:

OmaKitty is now barf-free for over 36 hours. Things are looking up ... and hopefully not throwing up. She still hasn't resumed her plotting to kill Cooper so I'm still a bit worried. Maybe by morning she'll be herself again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts