Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with Millie as she seems to be feeling better well she decided to play like she was going to bite my pants....( Remind she was playing )... And then she started chewing on something I looked down and thought she found something on my carpet and Ifreaked out and took it from her.. Low and behold it was her tooth. Omg is this normal??? I read being that she is only 4 months old that her teeth will fall out and new ones will come in..Should I take her to a Hospital?? Help:confused:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
its completly normal, just like kids get wobbly teeth that fall out to make room for adult teeth, dogs teeth do the same thing, the only difference is most dogs just swallow them so you never find the babyteeth.

between 4 and 7 months its very normal to lose baby teeth.
if they havent all fallen out by 6 months when its time for her spay theyll usually pull out the babyteeth that havent fallen out. this is fine and normal!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Foxywench is right. mine swallowed most of his. I got a hold of his two teeth though, but i had to watch it like a hawk :) so don't worry, millie will be fine, just have available chew toys and chew treats for her :coolwink:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Gizmo has been losing his lately.. last week alone I found him playing with two that fell out.. the smaller ones in front we've never found so they probably went downwards and out the back end lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Haha yeah completely normal!

I really want to keep some of Lewies teeth (none have fallen out yet). I can't imagine that those tiny little specks at the front will be very detectable even if he doesn't swallow them though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts