Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, guess what i got for easter!!

craig has just come home with a tiny chihuahua. she is a fawn colour but very light coloured. she has no name at the moment so please give me ideas, i like the name tinkerbell though.

he has also brought home a 4 month old hairless chinese crested even though craig said he would never own one but he said he fell in love with him due to the breeder breeding chihuahuas and chinese crested. i have named him William lol and we have him because the breeder was going to have him put to sleep because he has a cleft palate and she said she doesnt have the time to feed him anymore. craig brought him home and he is due at the vets tommorrow wheyre we will find out when he can have a operation to repair his cleft palate.

they are both gorgeous. william just wants to curl up on my lap but he is so playful.
puppy is gorgeous. very tiny, we have papers for her and the breeder is the same one i had lilly from.

any name ideas for little girly? does anyone else like the name tinkerbell??

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You are so lucky!! What a great Easter present. I can't believe the breeder was going to put William down - poor little fellow. Well, he found a great home with people who obviously have a lot of love and patience to give him. Bless Craig for saving him.

As for naming your wee girl, you will come up with a name once you get to know her.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
craig saved him yep lol but he is already a mommas boy haha. i really like tinkerbell but i just wanted more ideas haha. i know the operation is gonna cost mega but im more then prepared to pay it because he deserves the life.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Lucky!! I wish my husband would have surpised me like that for easter!! I know we would all love to see PIX! So we can help name her, plus throw sum pix of william! I love Chihuahuas and Chinese Crested!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
wow what a fantastis easter present for you much better than any easter eggs lol
you are so lucky!!!!!
great william has someone nice to care for him now
tinkerbell is a nice name for a girl i also like bluebelle for a girl

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Congratulations on your new babies.

I do think (and this is only my personal opinion) that the breeder should be ashamed of themselves , she should have paid to have William's cleft palate corrected before giving him away. To talk of having him put to sleep :(
They want to be ashamed of themselves...

Good luck with his surgery and I hope all is well. For breeeders to pass on their poorly pups like this beggars belief.

Do keep in mind that dogs (like babies) who have this condition are at risk of inhalation pneumonia, if they breathe in food or fluids. Do see a vet a soon as you can. Poor little lad, thank heavens he is with someone who cares.

Barbara x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we are at the vets tommorrow, its out of hours but we told them the situation and they said bring him tomorrow.they didnt wnat to see him today because im a trained vet care assistant and have reared a puppy before with cleft palate so technically i know what im doing lol..

yes the breeder should be ashamed of herself but william could be dead soon if craig didnt bring him home/

and my baby girl is called tinkerbell lol after amy (my stepdaugher) said she liked it and wouldnt stop calling it her and she actually answeres to it lol. vcurrently they are all curled up together apart from william who is next to me (upsiide down lol) in his blue pjamas on the sofa haha. he adores craig lol proberly because craig has given him most of his feeds tyoday due to me not having much time to sit and take my time with him lol.
not being nasty, ive just been busy and craig has had more time to feed him but he also wants to bond with him more.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratulations on your new babies. I'm dying to see photos! Yeppers, crested boys have this thing for their human mommie's. I know he'll bring you years of joy.
Ilove thename you chose for your little girl. I know I'm being pushy, but, photos pleeeze. Rochelle.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so jealous:)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Wow, you've had a big day. Congrats! William is so lucky to have found you. Tinkerbell is a perfect name. I find the names you come up with right away are usually the ones that stick. Please post pics as soon as you have time. I'm sure you have plenty to do right now. LOL.

Barbara - I totally agree with you re: the breeder. I've never known one breeder who would put their baby down, not for something that's fixable.

Oh well, lucky William. He'll probably be the most special pet you ever have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry havent been on for a while, been a bit too busy haha, william has been to the vets, he is due for his op next week on monday so wish him look and Tinks is just following and copiying Lilly around haha. craig said that the breeder to;ld him that Tinks will prob be around 2lbs when fully grown. Lilly's only 2.5lb though. cant post pics at the moment but wish i could then you could all see a wiliam smile which is what i wake up to everymorning lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well done to Craig first of all!!!! What a fantastic easter present!!! Look forward to seeing the pics and I agree completly with Barbara that the breeder should hang their head in shame. Best of luck with the surgery next week and I hope everything goes well x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts