Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my Chi's, not sure which, I think it was Izzie, My 1 lb 14 oz pup, ate part of a Melatonin pill! Thankfully she spit most of it out, but she got the coating and part of the pill. What do I do?? Will she be okay?

Here is a pic of a whole Melatonin pill, and what was left after she got to it. They are 5 mg pills.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
She'll be fine, Melatonin won't hurt a dog, maybe make her a tish sleepy, but it's just fine for them to have, they give it as treatment for dogs with Alopecia so my guess is it won't hurt a dog without it :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I gave Lily them to try to keep her sleepy when we needed to leave her home alone for separation anxiety. I'm sure she'll be just fine, just a bit sleepy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank goodness! Kristi, I looked to see if you were on FB before I posted and you weren't, so I posted. After I posted I googled it and saw that some ppl actually give it to their dog. They are always sleepy anyways, so I don't think I'll be able to notice if it's the melatonin or not.

The kids I babysit take it before nap time and bed (they have issues). I guess somehow 1 got knocked off the counter, and freaked when it wasn't there, and found pieces of it on the floor. Little turds! They always watch me like a hawk when I'm in the kitchen in case I drop something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts