Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Jake and Red curled up by the radiator and decided to put some rubbish out ready for the binmen.

I came back in and made a cuppa then realised Jake was missing.

I ran around the house in panic mode calling his name... nothing.. no pitter patter of feet, not a sound.

I grabed my jacket and raced outside calling him... nothing, I listened for his bell and realised he never had his collar on. Frantic I thought what if he's been run over, stolen...?

I called and called and suddenly I see his cheeky little face, ears pricked and staring right at me as he came tottling up the path..

I immediately bent down and swooped him into my arms giving him the biggest cuddles ever. He was only missing for like minutes but it felt like forever.

My heart was thumping but am I so pleased to see him back and safe.

Deme x

·
Registered
483 Posts
aww i know what you mean, my dumb *** brother left the gate open and mum said wheres roxi, i started paniking and called her but she didnt come back so i can outside and she was on the grass accross the road going to the toilet. and she gave me the cutest look and came running up to me :) i am constantley worried that someone will try and take her as chihuahuas are very rare down here and very expensive so i allways keep her by me and make sure i lock all the doors ect
glad everything turned out ok. :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was so worried and didn't know what to do, do I go left or right, where is he... what if I walk searching in the worng direction? What if I never see him again... He'll be scared and so alone... gawd so many thought raced through my head...

So when I saw his cheeky little face my heart soared. He probably wondered what all the fuss was about, after all he's a big lad now lol

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh gosh these dogs will be the end of us all

When daisy was younger she bolted out the door and ran to the park wouldn't come back until I got on the grass!!! Neither of them are allowed out the house when the door is open now especially as neither wear a collar indoors

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So glad he came right back. That is such a scary feeling. Gonzo got out the day I brought him home from the pound. My daughter was taking the trash out and he slipped out. I was so scared because he didn't really know me or where he lived. Two kids down the street were able to call him and hold him as I hobbled down to get him. Reggie got out when a guy was at the door. He ran across the street and the man helped me catch him.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
oh Jake. you scare your mummy to death doing that!
I love how they walk back like theyve done nothing wrong lol x

·
Registered
483 Posts
yep roxi was looking at me like that 2. lol i allways have a collar on her evan when we are inside and its got a tag with my details and she is also microchipped but the worry is still there what if she does get out and i cant find her and someone picks her up and dont call me its a huge worry for me. i wont leave her alone outside atall. the think is that chis are so small that they can slip throgh the smallest gaps with out us knowing, when i 1st moved into a new house roxi kept getting under the fence and running in between the 2 gardens lol, i couldnt really tell her off cus she was coming back lol she was just chasing and playing with my cat :) atleast all of our dogs casme back thats the main thing :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jake usually runs across the road to the house next door as they have Jack Russells. the house is in a cul-de-sac but cars still come up and down and some too fast. AND the house is only a few doors away from the busy main road and guess which direction Jakey came from...

Yep the busy road..

·
Registered
483 Posts
awww bless, you would think being in a cul-de-sac it would be quiet but if he cam from the road way then you are lucky, roxi did that she ran out the back and its the entrance to the school and they are so stupid here they go racing around they probs wouldnt see my little roxi. does jake normally come back when you call him? atleast hes at hoem safe now :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep Jake is very good on recall, but not 100% as he has selective hearing lol, like when something smells good and it is interesting.

Sometimes I imagine he's thinking "Yeah yeah I heard ya the first time, I'll be there is a mo...Chill out"

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Jake, don't scare your Mommy like that! So glad he came right back. :) Silly Jakey!

·
Registered
483 Posts
lol! yeah roxi is exactly the same its annoying as i would love to let her off but i am worried that she will try and pick on another dog (and get hurt) or just run off and leave me chassing after her lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts