10,706 Posts
Oh that made me cry like a baby! :crybaby:
What good guys saving a little Chi.
My heros!

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's fantastic of them to do that.

A good few years ago a springer spaniel was knocked down near my mothers home. As the owner was hysterically trying to get someone to take her to the vet, the dog looked dead to my mother, an ambulace drove by. The two ambulance men turned around to find out 'who' had been hurt. When they realised it was a dog, and she needed treatment to save her, they used what they had on their ambulance to save her and took her and her owner to a nearby vets.
The dog was badly injured but was saved due to the two ambulance men who stopped to help her.
Unfortunately both the men were suspended without pay until the NHS investigated the incident. Thankfully after about 3 months they were reinstated due to the local publicity that it casued. There was uproar. The two men were made to pay for the sterilisation of the ambulance and the replacement of the medical supplies inside it but the owner of the dog and the local community had a 'whipround' to pay for it all.
The two men were hero's for quite some time!

I think the dog lived a good long life even after the serious injuries she had. I remember seeing the dog with it's owner when I was younger and I'm 46 now. My mother often mentions it when she sees other springers even now!

Just goes to show that there are animal lovers in every profession though doesn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts