Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
I have a one year old chihuhua female (spayed) named Pixel who I've had for the last 8 months. She's paper trained and goes in a litter box filled with newspapers when we're at home. She has been really great, we haven't had any major issues with her for months, and we can leave her at home while we're away.

My husband and I both work at home, she gets lots of attention and walks. She plays with the neighbours dog nearly every day.

TODAY, (anger caps) I came home from dinner and found that she had PEED ON THE COUCH. She's never done this before, and she knows better considering she sleeps on the couch at night!

Why is this happening?? What do I do now??? She's been perfectly fine for months (even in a hotel room with carpet when we went on vacation she didn't have a single accident and just went on her papers).

Is she marking territory? Rebelling? Angry?

Any advice would be so great!!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
My little girl has good potty habits. I started to catch her peeing in random places indoors. This was definitely not her habit at all. It turned out she had a urinary track infection. She was prescribed antibiotics for 12 days and she is back to herself. I would keep an eye on your pup. If you see this again, get her checked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If she doesn't have a UTI you could try a product called "Stay off mats" which makes a high pitched noice when touched. My 8 year old chi always peed on one spot on my large area rug. I bought these mats and it is amazing-she doesn't go near the rug at all!!! Wish I knew about the product earlier. Good Luck!! (I bought them at Amazon)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Cricket peed on my bed in the middle of the night last week! Of course, she was only 9 wks old at the time & not house trained yet! Lil stinker! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts