Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday after taking some advice I finally made the decision I have been putting off for months - I brought home a new Chi to be playmates with Pixel.

I uhmmed and ahhed for months and did my families head in going on and on and on. Basically Pixel made me a nervous wreck, she came here ar 7 weeks which was clearly far too young. She was ill with digestive upsets ALOT, I didn't have any safety measures in place and I have a daughter who was 4 at the time, I worried myself silly about everything and spent a fortune going to the vet when I didn't even need to. In the end he stopped charging me for some visits even though I was wasting his time. Winter was hard, I got Pix in October and she was freezing whenever we went out in the winter until she got a bit bigger - everything was hard!

So finally after being on here I just decided to go for it and collect a boy I had turned down before on the basis that I wanted a female. After advice I went and picked him up. He's 13 weeks old, vaccinated already and my gosh you can tell how much more advanced and able he is, he's fitted in straight away and him and Pixel have hit it off big time - all they have done is PLAY!

It's hilarious and it's great :)

Long may it continue and thank you for all the great advice I got yesterday!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I'm so happy it is working out!! I really enjoy having more than one (ha obviously) but I think 2 is the most fun! We need to see pictures of your new little one!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats, so glad they're enjoying each other.
It's so fun watching two get along and play.

I was lucky with my two girls to, they got along great from day 1, well really second 1, Jadzia just fell in love with Kira the minute she saw her.

Enjoy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi lisa, congrats!! new baby yey!!:dance: im also a lisa!.....been toying with the idea of getting another baby myself:confused: after reading this,and that so many people on here have babies that get along so well, pros far out way cons:D so im going for it too!!. glad its worked for you,enjoy your new arrival xx

·
Registered
370 Posts
5 is alot better than 3 LOL

:hello1::hello1:i was wondering if going from 3 to 4(w/a 5th coming in 3 weeks)would b 2 much but the more the merrier.i wish i had a farm:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I feel so silly debating it for so long! I mean I really couldn't decide for a loooong time and within an hour of him being home it was amazingly fun. He's been here almost a week now and it's still going really well. He gets on fab with my girl Chi Pixel and with our collie too - infact the Collie took weeks to accept Pixel but accepted him straight away.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi lisa, congrats!! new baby yey!!:dance: im also a lisa!.....been toying with the idea of getting another baby myself:confused: after reading this,and that so many people on here have babies that get along so well, pros far out way cons:D so im going for it too!!. glad its worked for you,enjoy your new arrival xx
Great to meet another Lisa :)

Can't wait to hear all about yours!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have to agree having more than one is easier as long as finance is allowed to do so. Lots of people comment it's hard work, anything is hard work anyway. But I found toilet training is easier too (I got mine from good breeders and must admit they started toilet training them before the chis coming home), the young ones usually just follow what the olders do. Mine are still young but I have other older dogs to teach the "first" one. lol And all they do is cuddle each other sleeping or having the "5 mins maddness" running around up and down the staircases. They are really like children.

Congrats with the decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are getting a Maltese to join our 9 month old Chi. After weeks of should we, shouldnt we. She comes to us on the 27th July and are hoping she fits in and enjoys her life with us all. Really excited now and I know Daisy will love her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts