Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the phone with someone about a condo for rent because I'm moving at the end of the month, and I asked them what the pet policy is. He said the owner of the condo said no pets, but asked what kind of pet I had. I said a chihuahua. He said "is he house trained?" I said yes, and then he said "well, in that case maybe I can swing it because a chihuahua isn't really a dog it's more of a rodent." :shock: :evil:

I couldn't believe he said that! THE NERVE! I hung up and clled my husband and told him what happened and he was like "I don't want to live there is thats they're thinking of animals." I'm sooooooo mad! :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Well you can certainly do without having a horrible RAT (no sorry, I will amend that, there are lots of lovely pet rats)...I mean you can do without having such a rude, ignorant, obnoxious idiot for a landlord! :shock:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
What on earth is with these people who think Chihuahuas are a member of the rodent family?! They don't look like rats at all. I mean, I call Lina my little squirl but, she's clearly not a rodent! I would have told him off!

·
Registered
587 Posts
my mom always asks how "the rat" is doing. I politely told her "mom she is not a rat, she is a dog, just like keiki" i am still upset about it though :x

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had someone try to tell me a while ago that chihuahua's were related to rats...i was like "uuummm, no...they're full canine." i was just in shock that this person said this to me. some people are just so ignorant.

·
Registered
538 Posts
People are just unbelievably rude. What is it with the rat thing? I went to a family reunion a couple of weeks ago in Wisconsin and got to talking about pets to my uncle (who's an idiot IMO) and when I told him that I have a chi, that's exactly what he said....."that's not a dog, it's a rat." I always knew that I didn't care for that uncle......what a jerk!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I would have gone to see the place and, when he least expected it, I would have bit him right on the leg.
It's not my dog (or rat) you have to look out for ... it's ME.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm not even going to bother looking in the paper for an apartment anymore because most of the places dont take pets anyways...and that guy really ticked me off. i did call an apartment place managed by a professional company and they asked what kind of dog i had and i told them a chihuahua, and they said all i had to do was give them a pet deposit.

that guy who said that though lost out on a possible renter because i would have looked at the place, and probably moved into it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts