Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my MIL's today to do laundry and of course I brought Chico. So, I bring him in the house first, close the door, and go out to get my clothes from the car. When i open the door to the house to go in, Chico darts out of the house and takes off like a speeding bullet! :shock:

So I drop my laundry basket and take off after him. He was almost hit by a car while running down the road, but thankfully the person saw me running like a maniac screaming "Chico" and they stopped. He ran all the way down to the end of the road into a grassy park area. He sees me coming, so he pees on a tree real fast, and continues running. I do one of those movie type jumps, hoping to land on top of him...but I miss him. He sees me laying on the ground and runs back to me. I grab him and start walking back to the house...out of breath and sweating because it's like 110 degrees outside.

He has NEVER EVER done this before...and he won't have a chance to do it again, because from now on he will be gated while at my MIL's house. He scared me to death today...but it was hard to stay mad because he kept looking at me all day as if to say "I'm sorry Mama."

EDIT: oh, and I forgot to add...i was waering my bookbag at the time, and it was slowing me down so i threw it to the side of the road and the Sobe drink i had in it broke and got all over my stuff. i didn't care though, because i was only thinking about catching him.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
that must have been so scary ....i had something similar with vienna :?
i was screaming like a mad man :D
i'm glad chico is safe and sound

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg, yes...it was sooooo scary! i'm just glad he's ok. he's never ran off like that before. i don't know what got into him. we're going back tomorrow for the 4th of july...and he will be gated away from any doors leading outside...besides, i'll be busy helping with the BBQ i won't have time to make sure he's ok with all the people that are going to be there. i'm sure my lil bro in law will be more than happy to watch him for me in his room though. he and chico are best buds :D

hopefully he'll have fun though when we go see the fireworks :) i just hope he doesn't get scared.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
omg, yes...it was sooooo scary! i'm just glad he's ok. he's never ran off like that before. i don't know what got into him. we're going back tomorrow for the 4th of july...and he will be gated away from any doors leading outside...besides, i'll be busy helping with the BBQ i won't have time to make sure he's ok with all the people that are going to be there. i'm sure my lil bro in law will be more than happy to watch him for me in his room though. he and chico are best buds :D

hopefully he'll have fun though when we go see the fireworks :) i just hope he doesn't get scared.
please don't bring him to see the fireworks. the noise is so bad on their ears and many dog's that are calm and sweet have bitten people because of the large crowds and loud noises.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
i also think the fireworks are a bad idea - but it was very nice of you to offer! It must have been so scary!!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I would have FREAKED OUT!!!!

I am so glad that he and you are both ok now...

I don't blame you for freaking out and gating him while you are there..

I have a fenced in area for Gadget but I have started teaching him his yard boundries... I want him to know where his yard stops so that if he ever gets out by himself he will know where to stop..

I hope you don't take him to the fire works tonight.. he could freak out and something might happen to him...

I am going to leave Gadget at home when they start...

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
OMG :shock: I am so gald you both are ok.....how incredibly scary the nerve of him to stop and pee too :lol:

BAD BAD BAD BOY :evil:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh no no no...I didn't mean I was taking him right up to the fire works...what i meant was we're going to see them...not be right there when they do them. my MIL's community has a huge party every 4th of July and they have fireworks and stuff. i was going to stay at her house, just sit on the side of the road and watch them. We'll be able to see them perfect from the street. I've seen that firework show for the past 2 years, so it won't bother me not being able to go right up to where they're at. besides...it's always SOOO crowded and i don't want tons of kids touching Chico. (my cousin brought her small dog there last summer, and tons of kids crowded around her and she snapped at one of them)

I'm still a little freaked about what happened yesterday...and I'll be reminded of it for the next few days because my legs HURT! i haven't ran like that since i was in school and not my muscles are so sore. And i know KB mamma...the nerve of him to stop and pee while i'm trying to get him...he's such a little stinker :lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
That was quite a scare - I know, cause Jasmine has done that to me twice. The first time, she only ran into the yard next door and my neighbor managed to catch her before she took off again.

But the second time, she ran right down the middle of my street, and it'a a busy street as it's the main road into my subdivision. One car had to swerve to miss her, and another had to stop completely. It took me, my two grand-daughters and three of my neighbors to finally corner the little bugger in a yard all the way to the end of my block. Then, I was so glad to get her back unharmed, I couldn't be mad at her. LOL

I'm now paranoid about anyone going in and out of the house. She hasn't tried to run out in quite a while now, so maybe she's past that stage but I don't take any chances.

Glad you got Chico back o.k. - maybe he was just trying to give mommy some exercise? :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What a little booger....LOL

I now how scared you were...as Gizmo has darted out to the street before too...

Once I didn't know he was outside because hubby had left the door open, he wanted to be with mama...so he jumped the little gate and ran outside, but in the process saw the neighbors cat and ran like lightning after it....I see a redheaded blur out of the corner of my eye and that's when I saw Gizmo across the street!!! So I try to get him and he thinks its tag time (why do they do this...ughhh) so I had to fake him out that I had a treat for him to come....of course I couldn't yell because I don't want to keep him from coming to me when I call him...but my heart was beating so fast...

I can't imagine stopping a car...I would have died....OMG....I just pictured you running and all my hairs stood up... :shock:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ph yea, i stopped a car alright. i was waving my arms yelling "chico" and they saw me and stopped right there in the middle of the road. if anything would have happened to him i would have flipped!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts