Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, another one of my long explanations to you.....

for the past week I been having these "funny" moments.... (yeah I know I'm "funny" in an odd way lol)

What happens is suddenly my face feels VERY VERY hot. I feel like I just sat next to a bonfire or something. I actually feel like I am burning up.

Been about 4 times in the week, but today another SIX at least, which is far more than it was before.

The weird thing is people tell me I DONT LOOK hot, an dont feel particularily hot either, tho a little warm!

Then some bright spark says "I was like that through the change"

LMAO, I'm not even 32 yet!!!! :rolleyes:

To give the COMPELTE story, i do have a cough but paracetamol doesnt stop it .

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Hi,
Some women do experience an early menopause, so it isn't impossible!
Paracetamol won't do anything to ease a cough though it will help bring a temperature down, try a cough linctus instead :)
If you also feel generally under the weather you might have a viral infection?
Hope you feel better soon.
Barbara x

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
my mum gets them she calls them hot flushes i dont if its the right term lol
her doctor said she was going through the change about 3 yrs ago now and i think she is pretty young at 44 so i think that can happen at any time but i am not a doctor so i really dont know
i would go to the doctor and get checked out thats your best bet

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was taking the paracetamol for the temperature, that I apparantly dont have lol.

I've been told many times by my gp and nurses that cough mixtures dont work, but I beg to differ lol.

When I get a abd chesty cough I either use hills balsam or go to the chinese shop and get some stuff from there that I have no idea what it is called, it's about £12 a bottle, but shifts my cough everytime within a few days.
Mind you it's like swallowing a slug!!!!

I've got a LOOOOONNGGG meeting at work today (The joys of management eh!) Froma bout 9am to 4 pm (<GROAN>) but am going to see if I can get the last appointment or something.

I dont currently take any hormone replacements or anything, but I am diabetic and I do have a norplant implant in my arm.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did wonder if it could be the norplant.
Didnt manage to get to docs today, big cuffuffle at work, it's going to be on local news tongiht, maybe even bbc.

A lady recently got hit by a mobility scooter, and yesterday died. The lady was a tenant at a collegues work place, so a lot of us got called over there for a big meeting.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Poor lady, some of those scooters are frightening, I know they are needed and most people who use them are very careful...but you do get the odd one :(

Barbara x

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
When I was in my early 30's, I had the same thing happen to me, and I found out I had ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids....and yes I had to have an operation to remove them. Either one can cause what you're having, and they can easily be remedied, either by medication or surgery. I had a lot of each and mine was really bad, so I chose surgery. But I have heard that medications can help to alleviate them or rid them entirely now. If you don't do anything about it, it WILL get worse. (speaking from experience here!)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I have been having hot flashes since I was around 30 yrs old. I have always considered the fact that I maybe in early menopause. Some years it is worse than others. I will be 39 this year and my memory seems to be going to..LOL!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have Polycystic ovaraian syndrome.
LASt time I was scanned I had 75-80 cysts on each ovary, maybe it's a combo of that, the implant and diabetes?

I still have a slight cough too, so perhaps it is that.

Not got around to seeing a doctor yet, I hate going to the doctors so tend to keep putting it off and putting it off...

·
Registered
239 Posts
How long have you had the Norplant?
I've read that hot flashes can be a less common, but still possible side effect of the hormone release.

I'm not a doctor, but I will say that with your conditions, it seems like you do have a predisposition to go through these types of things.

Also, I am sorry to hear about this catastrophe of sorts. I hope that you are feeling well despite those factors. So she was on the mobility scooter, and hit? Or she was physically hit by someone on a mobility scooter? I'm confused. :confused:

Many people don't like going to the doctor, and it is a very normal avoidance. However, it is probably in your best interest to formulate a closer contact with your doctors, so that you may be able to call and ask about these sorts of things if you do not have time to reach the clinic. I truly hope that you're alright.

3,132 Posts
I had those symptoms when I found out I was pregnant, 2 years ago... right before I lost the pregnancy.

Other then that, I have no idea. I hope you find out what it is soon!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry I didnt reply to this earlier, been having trouble with the new posts button.

I did discuss this with my doctor, and since writing this thread have been in hospital with some problems etc.

I am seeing an endocrinologist on december 16th for an overhaul lol, but I did get several tests done in hospital, and treatments etc sorted out for several different things. A hysterectomy is a possibility in the next 12-18 months, which I am all for if it solves the remainder of my issues.

Thanks for asking though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts