Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I think the suggestions to get her acclimated and happy in the carrier you'll be using are great, as well as making sure she gets some exercise before you fly so she's more sleepy and relaxed.
Ack! A 14 hour flight? Poor kitty and poor Miya! That's brutal. Do you have everything organized to bring them to Japan? Is it a Japanese airline you're flying? Typically here the airlines only allow one carry on pet per passenger, maybe they have different rules or maybe you're flying with someone. Pets are generally not allowed out from under the seat, but I know sometimes flight attendants will allow it if you're sitting alone or no one objects. I would almost think they're better off in their carriers most of the flight anyway, the more they're able to sleep through the better I would think. Getting Miya to use puppy pads and then bringing a few on board for her to use in the restroom is a great idea, that's waaaaay too long to go without a chance to potty. For Taji I would suggest picking up one of those disposable litter trays from the grocery store so you can give him a chance to potty as well. They're only a few inches deep and come with litter inside and a cover that you peel off so it could stay sealed until he needed to use it. Hopefully you're on a nice/spacious plane, I know many of the Asian airlines planes look much nicer than any flight I've taken where there would scarcely be enough room for your feet on the floor in the bathroom much less a pee pad.
Sleepypod air is awesome! Mine looove their sleepypod, luggage grade material and very cozy inside, Leo is always jumping into and using it as a bed. They were actually originally designed for cats, and come in pretty colors :)
Are you moving to Japan permanently? How exciting!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That is so awesome! I've never been to Japan, but my grandparents took a long trip there a few years ago and really loved it, such a beautiful country. You'll have to share a lot of pictures once you're there!
Sleepypod makes great stuff, we have the full sized sleepypod which I don't think is small enough for a plane, you'd have to check. It can hold two chis. I think the sleepypod mini is allowed on flights, and of course the air is meant for airplane travel. They can also be buckled into a car and the sleepypod and mini have removable lids so can be used as beds. That was to help cats get comfortable with them, you use it as a bed first and then when you need to travel it's a safe familiar environment for them. Definitely check them our for your little international travelers:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.