Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone flown with their chi's before in cabin? Miya will be making her first flight to florida June and I'm wondering if they're any precautions to take? It's a short flight, but in August, we move to Japan...That is not so short, about 14 hours..

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not possible to split the flights :( I know I will have her on my lap, and out of the carrier for the majority of the flight. Same with Taji. He's been through flying before, but never for this long. I don't want to sedate either of them, which is what the vet suggested. I've been thru that and my poor kitty was miserable.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Katy! Yes, I have jumped through the MANY hoops there are to import Taji and Miya to Japan. We have travelled quite a bit with Taji transatlantic, he's a pro :) ..we have a soft carrier for him, but I'm interested in the sleepypod's. I've been wanting to upgrade his carrier and also get Miya one where they can be as comfy as possible. I hope our flight isn't too busy. I enjoy the extra space as much as the next person :) I would only take them out of the carriers if the flight was empty or no one was seated near us. Miya is pee pad trained so thankfully she and taji will have the chance to potty in the lavatory. We are moving to Japan for atleast 3 years, maybe more. Not sure yet. I have been reading and it seems like the Japanese are fond of chihuahuas so I am hoping to find some friends for her to play with. Thanks all for the replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.