Chihuahua People Forum banner

one chi, two chis three chis

911 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  janiebabes 
#1 ·
He girls!

We are thinking about getting another chiboy /girl.
Not now, of cours ...but in like 1/2 year or at least in a year.
I always wanted to have a chi couple (boy & girl)
But why should a healthy boy get fixed? :(
So I think it would be better to have two boys or?!

Well, alot of you have two or more chis can you answer me these questions???....

Do they want less attention from the human mommy, once they got a buddy???
Is it way more work or trouble???
Can you still spend enought time with each of them???
How do you "keep" them. Do you have to seperate them when its a boy and a girl??? Or how do you avoid the girl to get babys???
What else is really important when you want a second chi???

Thanks for your answers!

xx,

Nadine.

See less See more
#2 ·
Unique said:
He girls!

We are thinking about getting another chiboy /girl.
Not now, of cours ...but in like 1/2 year or at least in a year.
I always wanted to have a chi couple (boy & girl)
But why should a healthy boy get fixed? :(
So I think it would be better to have two boys or?!

Well, alot of you have two or more chis can you answer me these questions???....

Do they want less attention from the human mommy, once they got a buddy???
Is it way more work or trouble???
Can you still spend enought time with each of them???
How do you "keep" them. Do you have to seperate them when its a boy and a girl??? Or how do you avoid the girl to get babys???
What else is really important when you want a second chi???

Thanks for your answers!

xx,

Nadine.
When Princess is 6 months we're gonna talk to the vet and get her on doggy birth control.Cujo didnt want less attention from any when we got princess , he wanted more........Other ladies on here are prob. gonna give you more information you want though...lol

#3 ·
Why should you fix a healthy pet? Simple - to keep them healthy. There is research to prove it.

Another reason is that most people would say they are happier. Have you ever dealt with a female in heat? They give whole new meaning to the term PMS.

Also, after they're fixed, they will no longer desire something they are not going to be able to have. (I can think of lots of men who should be "fixed".) :lol:

Having two is like having two kids. There is just more love to go around. They're still gonna love you and want your attention, but they're also gonna love each other and give each other attention. I don't even think it's a whole lot more trouble, just twice as many potty pads to change and food to give. Maybe it's fair to say that two get into more things because they have someone else to help them think of things to get into. :)

The only major drawback would be $. You have to be able to afford double healthcare bills.

#4 ·
I have almost four chis!!

Before I had them I made sure Ive enough money in the bank for each incase of emergency, vet bills ect ect.

I found they still want human mommy attention but are happy enough playing with each other.

The things you need to consider are...more poo to dispose off, a second of everything, more food.

I think that getting a second would be a great idea....

#6 ·
tRUST ME YOU DONT WANT INTACT MALES when a female is in season. the must be seperated during this time and that is no picnic. the intact males cry, howl, whine. And just because you put the female in a crate during her cycle dont even think the male cant get to her Amazing things have been done between crate bars. I have two males Daytona was fine when I got Sturgis I expected him to be like Daytona
NOT! Sturgis When a female is in heat will do anything and I mean anything to get to her. HE wont let up! Daytona Since has picked up the same habits. They are both off to getting neutered ASAP before Lady goes in

#7 ·
But why should a healthy boy get fixed? - so they dont get prostate cancer and so they dont mark or wanders
So I think it would be better to have two boys or?! - 2 boys can fight especially if they are intact
Do they want less attention from the human mommy, once they got a buddy??? they still want attention but will play and keep each other compaqny
Is it way more work or trouble??? no more work or trouble to one just a bit more expensive :D
Can you still spend enought time with each of them??? yes there is enough room on your lap
How do you "keep" them. Do you have to seperate them when its a boy and a girl??? no unless you dont spay

Or how do you avoid the girl to get babys??? spay her it reduces her risk of cancer to almost 0 % if done before the first heat at about 6 months
What else is really important when you want a second chi??? Just to know how much fun it is to have 2

#9 ·
LOL...almost 4 chis! :lol:

I definitely recommend getting another chi. With two, you don't have to worry about them getting bored because they have each other! They still love to get belly rubs and attention but you won't feel as guilty if you don't have enough time to play with them. I would definitely get your boy fixed. There are numerous health benefits and others have named them. This must be done especially if you're going to get a girl. I think it would be too much trouble to keep them separated and accidents do happen. Anyways, I say go for it...get a lil chi girl! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.