Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deal with my family was that I have a job for a year and I can get a chi! I've had a job I actually like and enjoy for two months so in about 10 months I get my fur baby!!!!

I'd like to start getting all the little bits now (collar, lead, food bowls, etc) and I think I should start looking for a reputable breeder in about 6 months??

Our current favourite name is Grasshopper. (Hopper for short).

:hello1:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Good for you! I really don't know what to say about breeders. I got my "autistic' little chi from a breeder who is the Sec/Treas of the Illinois Chihuahua Club. I did my homework, and this guy is still breeding Emmie's mom!! She is a nervous, snappy, little dog that never should have been bred. She rejected Emmie and the other 3 pups. Had to be forced to nurse etc. On the other hand my Zarita came from a hobby (NOT a backyard breeder.)breeder. She not even AKC. BUT a better chi you couldn't find. She is about 6#'s now. Wonderful temperment. So do your homework, VISIT the pups early, and see how Mama and the pups respond to you. Unless you want to show, AKC doesn't mean much. Used to, but not now. Just makes sure that the pups are purebred. Doesn't care about temperment etc. Good luck! Sue

·
Registered
265 Posts

Hello DayOne
Your plan sounds like a great idea. :)
You've made a wise decision getting a Chihuahua,
they are a Fantastic dog and never enough good things
to say abou the breed.
Reputable breeder is important as they can come with some
health issues, or adopt one and save a life, one that needs
a great forever home!!!!!! :)
Blessings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi :)

Lovely to meet someone in the same position as me!!

I'm due to get my chi in around 10 months time too, around the time of my birthday :)

I've also been spending haha, i've got a ton of stuff, think i've gone waaay too far but always better being prepared i say!! :D

What colours do you like, and are you wanting a boy or girl?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts