Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my sonny about 3 weeks ago..i LOVE him so much. He is so small, and although he works my nerves sometimes, hes not that much trouble. I'm already thinking about getting another one, wondering if its ok for him? Do i have to get another boy, or can i get a girl? would he be better with another dog around, or would i just be making situations worse this early on...
looking for some opinions from those of your with two chis. is it better to get them at the same time? what's the scoop

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
This is the first time I have had more than 1 chi at a time. I just love it and they love eachother! I'll always get 2 at a time from now on. Personally I think it's better to have one m/f but there are lots on here that have 2 males or 2 females and it works great for them. Good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I am seriously considering getting another chi also. I just think Jasmine needs a playmate. She is 7 mos old, and I sometimes bring my daughter's 9 mo old mini doxie over to play with her, or take her to my daughters so they can play. She always just seems so lonesome for a while, when I take her little buddy home. Plus, mommy kinda wants another chi also---LOL.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My chi is acting very lonely too and when she sees other dogs she gets excited. I want another chi so bad but the only thing is my hubby wants a golden retriever . My chi loved my parents golden retrievers.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have 7 chis right now and will be planning on one or tow more. Since my puppy stewie went to heaven a few months ago I have been waiting for my mom to repeat the breeding, which is going on right now!!! I am looking for another one like stewie in color. I love all my babies. They are more work and thanks to my family we can have that many cause we all help taking care of them.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i have my 9month old vixie and am currently looking for a buddy for her...im not sure what sex yet i figure the right chi will come along. (i want anything between 3 and 5 chis) multiples in chis are usually always better, rember chis are clannish meaning they may not get along with other dogs but generally love the company of thier own breed.
if your little one is a real bossy pup it might be safer to get a female, or a submissive male. but rember if your having one of each sex, unless your planning on breeding HAVE them neutered, males can make pups fairly young and a female can go into her first heat anytime after 6 months. so its always safer to avoid accidents than risk them.. :)
if i get a male unless hes OUTSTANDING he'll be neutered cause vixie is currently on her way to stardom lol. (and id rather not have an unneutered male lol)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I want another too. I want to get a new job - but if I do I won't be able to see Cooper all day and be with him. He has some serious separation anxiety issues and I was hoping another dog would be better for him - instead of him being home by himself. But I am worried if we get another and leave them alone, what if they don't get along?? I am stumped. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
2 chi's or one ?

I have 2 chi's, a mother and her daughter. They show so much love towards one another. My neighbors only had one for a while, then they got another one, and you can tell they are happy... 2 chi's are great cause if you have to be gone for long periods durying the day "work" They have each other to keep company... They seem to like being around there own kind...
Beth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts