Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Daddy:

I get pick of the litter after the breeder. This is the breeder I originally was going to get a show pup from, but the puppy died. I will be helping her evaluate the litter at 8 weeks of age.

There are 3 girls...two have face coloring like mom, the other will be a cream/fawn, all the boys are fawn. The structure and type I have seen consistently produced in her puppies is excellent. The girl will either be a breeder, or, hopefully a show puppy. The eval they do at 8 weeks has been extremely successful in predicting adult quality/showability. I was nervous about it at first but after seeing consistent puppy after puppy after puppy of hers that is lovely and showable, I think its well worth it. I saw a girl I could have had from the litter before, and dang, I missed out on a good one. SO...:-D I'm hoping for LC at this point, but...don't really care SC or LC. I've never known a breeder to be SO particular about the type of dog she produces. I said I wouldn't get another puppy but after seeing her dogs in person at the last show we went to, I'm in love LOL. We'll see tho, if they don't eval to be show quality @ 8 weeks I may wait for a future litter. But for now, plan is...one of these is mine :)

:hello1::hello1: :rolleyes: I'm hoping for one w/ coloring on its face over a the cream/fawn.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL gonna pick the best one, I guess? :p The breeder PROBABLY is keeping a girl. And the entire litter is already spoken for, but I feel pretty stoked to get to pick after breeder picks hers. I have no idea how I got 2nd pick, but I'm not complaining! I'm also excited I get to help evaluate them. I won't get the puppy at 8 weeks but that's when I will pick which one will be mine. I wish I hadn't passed on her last litter, b'c the LC litter I passed on...every single puppy from it went to a show home. Poooo.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
LOL gonna pick the best one, I guess? :p The breeder PROBABLY is keeping a girl. And the entire litter is already spoken for, but I feel pretty stoked to get to pick after breeder picks hers. I have no idea how I got 2nd pick, but I'm not complaining! I'm also excited I get to help evaluate them. I won't get the puppy at 8 weeks but that's when I will pick which one will be mine. I wish I hadn't passed on her last litter, b'c the LC litter I passed on...every single puppy from it went to a show home. Poooo.
Darn, well at least you get 2nd pick on this litter. I cant wait to see who the lucky pup is!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Exciting stuff Kristi! I'll be anxious to see how the pups develop. Make sure to share pics in the coming weeks as you see them. ;)

SO excited for you! I'll be crossing my fingers for THE perfect one to be left after the breeders pick!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so excited for you, Kristi! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Fingers crossed for you for your perfect girl! :hello1::hello1:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
O man I am super jealous! And I really want that merle LC you were talking about, but my fiance would probably move out lol.
Those puppies are soooo cute, cant wait to see them at 8 weeks and see which one you get :)
Congrats! (super jealous)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Woo woo! Yay, how exciting. Hoping the one you want turns out the be yours :) Both mom & dad are stunning.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Her name is gonna be (kennel name) Itty Bitty Bang Bang & her call name is gonna be Caliber nickname Libby LOL. Its been picked out for awhile now. I mean its not 100% I will get one from this litter, but as long as one is show/breeding quality, I will be. Its VERY unlikely that one I will be interested in isn't in the litter, based off of the consistency I've seen from her dogs. SO I am stoked :D She emailed me to tell me they were born and she was giving me first pick this AM so...yay!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O man I am super jealous! And I really want that merle LC you were talking about, but my fiance would probably move out lol.
Those puppies are soooo cute, cant wait to see them at 8 weeks and see which one you get :)
Congrats! (super jealous)
Heheh the 4th was easier to add than the 3rd, by a LOT ;) If you want pictures of him let me know and I will call her to ask for pictures. They are hard to get ahold of, but it is the dearest little creature imaginable. I also think he'd show well if he was worked with just a tiny bit lol.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I must have missed a thread somewhere. I didn't know you were getting another chi. :)
Congratulations! The mom is stunning!!! So is the dad. I can't wait to see what they look like at 8 weeks! A new puppy is always so exciting. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must have missed a thread somewhere. I didn't know you were getting another chi. :)
Congratulations! The mom is stunning!!! So is the dad. I can't wait to see what they look like at 8 weeks! A new puppy is always so exciting. :)
Haha, I've been looking for awhile. I have been pretty close to getting a few adult females but it just didn't feel right, I said I wouldn't get another puppy but I do know if this one doesn't end up being show/breeding quality, the breeder will be more than willing to help me find her a perfect pet home. Sooooo we'll see :0) Its a good decision on more than one level as eventually I want to breed. I will learn a lot from this litter's development and evaluation so yeah. And all her puppies / dogs I've seen have just been so gorgeous that when she offered me 2nd pick, or 1st if she decides to not keep one, that I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Haha, I've been looking for awhile. I have been pretty close to getting a few adult females but it just didn't feel right, I said I wouldn't get another puppy but I do know if this one doesn't end up being show/breeding quality, the breeder will be more than willing to help me find her a perfect pet home. Sooooo we'll see :0) Its a good decision on more than one level as eventually I want to breed. I will learn a lot from this litter's development and evaluation so yeah. And all her puppies / dogs I've seen have just been so gorgeous that when she offered me 2nd pick, or 1st if she decides to not keep one, that I couldn't pass it up.
any names picked out yet? haha kind of soon

1 - 20 of 45 Posts