Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying uncured nitrite free hot dogs for Misty but see there is onion powder in them. I know they aren't supposed to eat onions. Would that be the same with onion powder.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
onion powder is made from dehydrated ground up onion, so I would say no to be on the safe side. a small amount in a treat may be okay, but for an everyday source of food I'd stay clear. unless these hot dogs are a snack treat? if they are a treat then may be okay.

·
Registered
530 Posts
We were recommended by the vet to feed one of our dogs chicken broth when they were very sick about a month ago. I've heard this from a lot of people.
I was shocked to find on the labels of almost every chicken broth in the store that they contain onion ingredients. The only one I actually saw in the store that didn't have onion in it was one with tons and tons of sodium.

Onion can be lurking in many foods we would feed our dogs as treats. My mother wanted to give the dogs liverwurst as a treat to them the one night, and I found out that the brand she was using had onion in it o_O (Not something I would give them myself, even if it didn't have onion).

I really want to buy a huge pack of chicken this weekend and make tons and tons of chicken jerky for them on the dehydrator. I've been wanting to do that for a long time but have been busy between college and work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts