Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, I decided to trim Sissy's back legs because there was a lot of fur...
Long story short, his back legs are uneven... It is really driving ME crasy because I'm one of those people who goes nuts whenever something isn't even. lol.

How long on average does it take for a chihuahua to grow hair back?
It only looks lupsided because the right leg hair curls up and makes it look shorter then the left. (actually it's visa versa)....

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I thought sissy was a girl??

Long coats don't need trimming some do a sanitary shave but idk just be warned their coats take up to 3 years to grow I wouldn't touch it

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
where on the back legs did you trim? don't worry it all goes pretty quickly even more so during winter season. I have to trim thier feet pads twice a month during the winter.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
around the hind legs. parents idea.
i guess it looks odd because of her color because she's two toned... Blah.. I hope it grows back soonnnnnnnnn.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I trimmed Bailey's once. Wont ever do it again:( besides...I really like the look of the long pants..LOL It took several months for it to grow back...but it did fairly quickly;)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
It doesn't look that terrible! I wouldn't even have noticed and I am also one of those people who goes nuts when things aren't even!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I don't understand why you cut them like that if she gets messy from er stools you can firm them up which should help or just trim around the exit and thin them out a bit

I actually don't cut mine coz the only thing I do is tidy up their feet and shave their pads for traction buy when we get a messy bum they get plonked in the bath and washed down.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh I didn't mean that to you lol should have quoted I'd just seen the original posters picture and couldn't get why they would do that to their pants

1 - 12 of 12 Posts