Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!... Ever since I started covering Vida's food up at night (due to unwanted mice friends!) I been pretty good at making sure she has access to her food in the morning but today.. It just slipped my mind completely!! :pale:

I did feed here 2-3 large treats plus she had her bully stick so she had something (plus she ALWAYS has her water out) oh and I did sneak her some people food too like I normally do so she was OK but still I feel pretty embarrassed!

Anybody else have any embarrassing stores they want to share so I don't feel like I'm the only person in the world who goof's up!

...Oh and when I gave her food tonight she didn't seem very hungry but I made sure she ate her fill. Another frustration of mine lately she been acting like she no longer likes her food but I feed her Fromm brand grainfree and I rotate the flavors so switch it up a bit too. From her facial expressions you'd think I was feeding her a generic Purina substitute! haha. But yea, that's my day.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Anybody else have any embarrassing stores they want to share so I don't feel like I'm the only person in the world who goof's up
Aww that happened to me the other day, I completely forgot to feed them breakfast! They normally bug me to have their food in the morning so I can't really forget, but not that time. I felt so bad because I realised they hadn't eaten when my Lilo went sick from hunger. Fortunately I work from home so I immediately fed them (only a few hours late).

·
Registered
872 Posts
Oh I have had several mornings where I get up and remember that I didn't get any meat out to thaw the night before. I get 5 sad faces staring up at me and it breaks my heart.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I vary the time of day I feed my dogs on purpose so they don't go crazy for feeding times- but I feel bad when I go to feed them (once I get the bowls out of the cabinet they know what's coming) and then I'm like- well- this hen is still frozen solid! I guess you have to wait a few more hours.

I used to just microwave something boneless for them but since I got this whole cow everything is in such big packages and I don't want to ruin a whole cut of meat with the microwave, or a giant thing of frozen cow won't fit in the microwave anyway!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Probably the worst we've done in our house is feed them twice. I fed them, left for yoga, hubby comes home and feeds them again. His fault as we always have this pattern on Wednesdays! Fur kids, of course, loved this mistake.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Oh yeah! I think at one time or another we've all forgotten to feed them! lol! I did it once and for some reason remembered when they got their evening meal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts