Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was born September 3 and is 10oz at 6 weeks. Does that look/sound right?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
OMGoodness, she is such a doll! Look at that face! I love her coloring and markings too. Size/weight looks pretty close. I'd say under 1 lb.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She says she's charting about 2.5#. Does that sound about right?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
No. :wink: Most likely she will be at least a 4 to 5 lb. adult. Puppy weight and charting is wayyyyyyy off of adult weights. Under 4 lbs. as an adult is really very few and far between. I'm sure you guys see many Chi's at the Vet clinic. Count how many that you see as an adult that actually weigh under 4 lbs. :wink:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TY T, Zoey was 1# 4oz at that age. I am wanting one right around her size so that will be perfect.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is the dad

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO darn tempted to put a deposit on this puppy...have to mull it over with Rob 1st though.....no so sure he'll go for her, but she is so stinking cute!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Chance weighed 9 oz. when I got him at 8 weeks old. His current weight is 4 lbs. 11 oz. Should be about 4.5 lbs.

Dad is very small. 4.5 to 5 lbs. I'd say.

Anyway, just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
She's an absolute doll, Heather!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
This is the first one you've posted where I'd say GO FOR IT! She's gorgeous, will have a nice little pixie muzzle, and omg what a dear little baby! HURRY AND SNAG HER BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't wait till Rob wakes up so I can show him pictures. I REALLY like this one, I think she's a doll, she has a health guarantee for genetic problems etc.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Heather that puppy is beautiful look how good her head is already at that age she looks like she has a good stop and muzzle oh wow I want her she is the prettiest puppy anyone ha posted on here in a long time!!

She looks similar to lotus did at that age with her head shape etc!!! She was really fat and at 12 weeks had slimmed right down!!
I can't get over that puppies head wow

Dad has lovely short legs have you got a picture of the dam??? I know zoey is only 4.5lb and short so as long as both parents are on the shorter side you shouldn't have any problems!!

Does the breeder know her lines well enough to give you an accurate weight?? I had an interesting chat with lotus' breeder on Sunday regarding weight!!

Put your deposit on her she is beautiful

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I think her & Zoey would compliment each other beautifully! Oh my what a cutie!! It looks like she's going to be a shorter/stockier pup. I'd guess her adult weight to be about 3.5-4lbs. Obviously her growth pattern could change but I doubt she'll be a big Chi at any rate. :)

I hope you put a deposit on her...I'd love to see this beauty grow!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Adorable - and the breeder is a friend of mine on FB, she really loves those pups!

Add - No idea about how big she'll grow either!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Heather, I don't think you have to worry about her getting "big" either. She won't be 2.5 lbs., but def. not over 6 lbs. I would say similar to her Dad's size. 4 to 5 lbs. Don't hold me to that though. I have seen some start out small, and many of us guess an adult size, and then they really shoot on up there past the guesses. But I'd say you are pretty safe with this one staying within standard. And she is just too cute for words!!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
AWWWW..... what a sweetheart. I'd say go for it! She's darling! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts