Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a couple of chihuahua girls that I'm interested in and wanted some opinions.

This one is in Manchester (49 miles away). She costs £695, is KC registered, both parents can be seen and is ready to go on 21st Sept. Other than that there isn't a huge amount of info but they say to call for more details.

This one is from the Wirral (11 miles away). She is £650, comes with 5 gen pedigree, full vet check certificate and puppy pack. Both parents can be seen and are KC registered. Ready to go in 2-3 weeks.

I like both but I would have liked the sable girl to have had a more black mask. I think I prefer the brown and white one. Do you think their colourings will change at all? The sable one is closer and the advert has more detail, which I prefer, I know she has at least one litter mate and I can see her before putting on a deposit and then go pick her up. I could probably get a lift to Manchester to pick the other one up but wouldn't be able to afford more than one trip or want to ask my sister to take me twice so I would have to put a deposit down without seeing her. They do only want a £25 deposit though which wouldn't be too bad if I got there and decided against her. Alternately I can wait and see what else comes up but these are the best I've seen since I've been looking for the last few weeks. Opinions please.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh gosh, I'm not sure I'd be able to decide if I were you. I'd probably have to go see them both, lol. They are so cute. I like the odd markings of the brown and white girl and the cute black spot on her nose. I wish there were more pictures of her. I'd like to see a profile shot. Maybe you should call and ask if they have anymore pictures! And pictures of the parents. That's how I made my decision for Gemma.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
my favorite is the first puppy because i love all the white on the face, its just so different and i love that :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
my favorite is the first puppy because i love all the white on the face, its just so different and i love that :)
Exactly! I love the oddballs, the ones that are different from most. I think they are so cute! The puppy we almost got and went and saw before Gemma was white with funny brown markings on her face and butt. She was so cute but unfortunately she was not very healthy when we saw her so we decided to wait. Then we found Gemma! :D

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do love the colourings but then I love the red ones like Sugar and Spice. I love the markings around the brown one's nose. There are a bunch of pictures of her but I just chose the best one because the others are odd angles. I'm just about to go to bed but I'll PM you the link tomorrow Caitlin so you can have a look. Think I'm going to contact them both and ask a bunch of questions.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I do love the colourings but then I love the red ones like Sugar and Spice. I love the markings around the brown one's nose. There are a bunch of pictures of her but I just chose the best one because the others are odd angles. I'm just about to go to bed but I'll PM you the link tomorrow Caitlin so you can have a look. Think I'm going to contact them both and ask a bunch of questions.
Ah, okay. I can't wait to see. I think you should contact both breeders and go with the one that you think sounds best. Ask about the puppies and their parents and what their temperaments are like.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ask to see pictures of the parents. If you like how they look, you will be happy with how your puppy turns out most likely. ALL puppies are CUTE! :) But they grow up.

I would also ask what they feed, as I'd be looking for a breeder who is knowledgeable on nutrition. Also ask if patellas in the parents have been checked. I know there are no health testing rules in the UK, but you want a breeder who at least knows what patellas are. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I think I love the first one the most! I love her markings! The sable is gorgeous but I don't thinks she will keep her black mask bc it's so small already. Leo's whole face was almost black when we got him and now it's only on his muzzle. The white stripe on puppy one's face is so stunning!! Just my 2 cents! ;)
Either one will be beautiful!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I am partial to the second one because of the faint black mask. Both are super cute though! Why not just get both :p

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Ask to see pictures of the parents. If you like how they look, you will be happy with how your puppy turns out most likely. ALL puppies are CUTE! :) But they grow up.

I would also ask what they feed, as I'd be looking for a breeder who is knowledgeable on nutrition. Also ask if patellas in the parents have been checked. I know there are no health testing rules in the UK, but you want a breeder who at least knows what patellas are. ;)
Oh Tracy, always the voice of wise reason .... but all that stuff is so boring & inherently sensible when one sees pics of pups, giggles & joking, yes, you're quite right, one must be diligent.

And to think I was coming in to say, "Weeeeeell, has your sister picked you up to go to see #2 yet, if not why aren't you walking there ... hitchhike woman, do something, train surf or whatever they call it, just get there!!!", again, joking.

Re #1, having shown horses all my life I'm a bit of a stickler for just a very neat star or symetrical blaze, and would be the same when looking for a dog, everything even, so the face marking on her really doesn't do it for me but, hey, not my puppy :)

My little sable Ollie has darkened up rather than lightened over the months.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts