Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leila's breeder emailed me saying he's selling a male lc that he had and was going to show, and told me as he knew i wanted another chi. He is selling him because he doesn't believe he is show quality. I dont know age or size. But he isnt neutered obviously so that scares the bejeezus outta me. I have been lucky with my unneutered boxer with no marking or anything. I think he is young and he is selling him for really really cheap. He has a nice pedigree also with names to great greats grandparents.
Here is his pic

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
He is gorgeous! :) Maybe the breeder can't show him because he will be oversized? I don't know, but he is a beauty!! Have him neutered. :wink:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Here we go again.

Get him!
Get him!!
Yeah go for it!

If the hubby asks - we weren't involved at all...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
But he's not awful. I think he's a lovely boy. :) Just tell the hubs he's too good of a find to pass up. hehe

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ask the breeder how he is with his pottying/marking habits. It would be a concern of mine as well. Though if you got him neutered & *should* take care of the problem (so long as he's relatively young).

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the breeders response : He was born Feb. 18th, so still a pup. He does mark now but he isn't neutered and I can't guarantee how he would be after neutering. Usually they are fine once they have been neutered. He does live with us. He loves people but can be shy. Definitely, very sweet! I expect him to mature to 4-4.5 lbs. I haven't weighed him recently but he is probably around 3.5 lbs.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah, if you got him now & neutered he should stop marking. Marley was 10.5mo by the time he was neutered & he only scent marks now (if someone else has peed he has to over mark which I guess is probably more a dominance thing). Anyway...he sounds like a sweet heart to me. :love5: I'd have a very hard time passing him up if I was you. He really is a beauty!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
BTW, the only thing I can see "wrong" (standard wise) about him is it looks like he toes out a bit. Otherwise he looks ok from the photo. But he may have a slightly off bite (doesn't look horribly bad from the pic so not a major problem), an undescended testicle or what not. If you were wondering you could ask what his faults are. But in all honesty, if you're not going to show or breed--he looks like a fine pet Chi. Quite standard looking IMO. :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll admit it is very tempting. Not necessarily the color i'd pick for a new one but he is nice looking. And good breeding. His coat is so full looking..wow! I've always been more into sc but you guys have changed that, now i like both. :foxes15: I also asked about leila's mama, he is selling her after the new pups are weaned. She will be spayed already so that's nice. He is going to update her pics. She is 6 lbs but i'm not sure if that's pre baby weight or post.
He isn't asking much at all for the male and leila's mom is only half of that. But she's not as young.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts