Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fizzy boy seems to love everyone BUT today my
next door neighbour came to visit ( she had not seen him before )
wooo he turned into some kinda 'MEAN' dog , he went mad barking , jumping about and would NOT let her touch him, he even looked like he could have bitten her :shock: ( but didn't ) odd as before and after
her visit i had other friends about and he was fine with them !!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Some dogs just don't like certain people. Must a certain smell they have. My parents dog they use to have loved everyone and wanted to play with everyone just didn't like my uncle and my cousin. Couldn't tell you why both love dogs. But Rio didn't like them.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Fizzys mum said:
my neighbour is a very loud talking person maybe that was it ?
That might have been it...Stinky goes barking crazy when somebody with a high pitched voice or a loud voice come near him..especially toddlers.. :?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I agree, dogs can sense things people can't. Chico loves almost EVERYONE who comes around himwhether they're kids or adults. i have only seen him NOT like 2 people. 1 person, a lady, chico had never met before, and as soon as she saw him, she actually started running around trying to catch him! all the time going "here doggy, here chico." in a really loud, obnoxious tone....I didn't even like that person...lol. chico kept running behind me or my husband trying to hide as if to say "AAAHHH, get this crazy person away!" :lol:

·
Registered
321 Posts
:wave: I cant help but wonder if your neighbor is just more highper active than you are. The reason is because my son has ADHD and dogs tend to feed off his energy and become defensive. My husband is kinda the same some dogs dont like him. He is very energetic also. I really believe dogs that live in a calmer inviroment react diffrently when some one comes into there inviroment that is a little more energetic or louder than they are acustome to being around. My house is always loud and kids going and coming and rather crazy and when my sis brings Porshas sister to play she acts scared to death, but my sisters house is quite and calm. That my therory.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I agree about dogs feeding off of people's energy. It's probably why a lot of Chi's don't like children...b/c kids are so *busy* and normally always talking (or yelling/playing :lol: ). If they were more quiet they wouldn't scare the dog. You said your neighbor's voice is loud....so there you go. I'm sure she just scared Fizzy.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all your replys your all wonderful :)

The lady also does not speek english very well ( she is spanish )
I think he was a little scared too .......

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
awww poor fizzy dave just a great judge of character my dogs can be funny about certain things like if i wear a hat or any1 in my family who they see all time they flip out ha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts