Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. giving my new girl a food change break until I am off work for Christmas break. I can better transition her then.

I think I have it narrowed to Orijen or Acana.

Can you tell me your thoughts, experience and feedback on these?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My preference would be one of the Acana grainfree formulas. Just from MY point of view, and MANY don't agree with this, I think Orijen is pretty high protein wise, ESPECIALLY for a dry food.

Both are good foods, excellent, really, but I just would go with the Acana over the Orijen. That's just me, though.

Please remember to add about as much water to the food as there is food -- when you feed a kibble their body really needs the extra h20 to process it!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I've had Louie on Orijen for a week now and he loves it :)
Not noticed any change other than his poos are alot smaller, but then hes only been on it week. I buy mine off Zooplus, they also have reviews to read on there to :) x

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I only posted on here yesterday that all the foods you guys post seem foreign to me, but I have seen Orijen in our pet stores! I have no idea what its like, as I dont feed it to Honey just good to see a name I recognise !

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I feed my 3 Acana and they are doing great on it.
Even my wee boy Dillon who had soft poos to start with.
I add water to each meal for them like Kristi mentioned.
They eat the lot in one go too which is what i like to see. lol.
Their poos are solid and small and their coats are lovely and shiney, so i am happy with it. x

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Uh-oh. I have not been adding water to her kibble. The girl STILL has some soft stools. She has has been tested for parasites and worms and is okay. Dr. put her on mild antibiotic in case she had some bug.

She is on VF Complete and I am trying to let her tummy rest from the Blue Buffalo introduction (made her stools softer still even with just a few kibbles tossed in).

I plan to try a switch again in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like I better mix some water with her food tonight!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts