Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ote and Mojo had their first trip to the beach this weekend! We went with my "mother-in-law" and her family to NJ and ended up going to a dog-friendly, drive-on beach. Mojo had a ton of fun. We let him off the leash and he had an awesome time running through the sand, playing in the water and playing fetch with a toy. Ote however, absolutely hated the sand. She was good with the water, but when she stepped foot in the sand she would look at you with this "please, help me, get me off of this stuff" look. She kept trying to sniff the sand, and of course it got all over her face & when she'd try to scratch it off sand got all over her face even more and in her eyes. Luckily we had baby wipes and cleaned her all up, and then she was on everyone's laps for the remainder of the time. At least she likes the pool!!! LOL.

Ote in her life jacket being "cautious" of her safety!

Mojo looking handsome on the dock

"Nope, I didn't eat sand, I don't know what you're talking about"

"Pick me up....NOW!"

SMILE!

Ote & her daddy

Chillin'

Lil' Bro & Big Sis

Typical girl on the beach, just wants to lay out and enjoy the sun

Ote with me & her Uncle Dylan

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Beautiful pictures! I love seeing adorable Ote. That's so funny that she doesn't like the sand. She looks like she still had a good time. :) Mojo had a good time no doubt, lol. The third pic with the stuff hanging out of his mouth made me laugh. :D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Those are very cute photos. Ote reminds me of my Peanut. Where were you in NJ? I grew up off of exit 105 (GSP) on the shore.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are very cute photos. Ote reminds me of my Peanut. Where were you in NJ? I grew up off of exit 105 (GSP) on the shore.
Thank you! Her name was almost Peanut!! That is too funny. We were staying at my "grandparent-in-laws" which is in Brick, NJ. The beach we were at in this photo was Island Beach State Park right by Seaside Park/Heights. We also have family in Southampton and LBI (Beach Haven). Love NJ!!! Beaches are way better than what we have here in Delaware.

Beautiful pictures! I love seeing adorable Ote. That's so funny that she doesn't like the sand. She looks like she still had a good time. :) Mojo had a good time no doubt, lol. The third pic with the stuff hanging out of his mouth made me laugh. :D
Thank you so much!! LOL she had a good time being cuddled and kissed and getting tons of attention from everyone! The sand is so not her thing, though. Haha. Gemma's new photos are absolutely beautiful, by the way. The ones in your siggy just make my heart melt! She is a sweetheart.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww you always post such gorgeous shots! I liked all of the pictures. The "Lil'
Bro & Big Sis" pic needs to be framed. You guys are so lucky you are able to go
to a beach, and on top of it bring the pups, that's too cool. How big and how old
is Ote? She reminds me so much of Bella. And wow Mojo really grew into a hunk!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww you always post such gorgeous shots! I liked all of the pictures. The "Lil'
Bro & Big Sis" pic needs to be framed. You guys are so lucky you are able to go
to a beach, and on top of it bring the pups, that's too cool. How big and how old
is Ote? She reminds me so much of Bella. And wow Mojo really grew into a hunk!
Thank you so much for the kind compliments!! I love that photo as well. I am so lucky to have such patient and cooperative pups. They make for amazing "models"! LOL. I am so appreciative of the fact that we have family that live at the beach and that they have a dog beach nearby. It is so much fun!!

That is too funny that you said Ote reminds you of Bella - in the videos you posted of little Bella, it made me think of Ote so much!! They seem like they are very much alike. Ote will be a year on August 9th (it's coming up!!! I'm planning on throwing her a "birthday paw-ty" and inviting all of our friends & their pups! LOL) and she is just about 3 lbs. Mojo will be a year on October 12th and he is now 38 lbs. and most likely still growing (we aren't too sure what to expect for his weight, as we are still questioning what breeds he is mixed with)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
What great pics! Looks like all had a great time--even if Ote didn't like sand. lol I'm sure she didn't lack for laps to sit in. I also loved the big bro/ lil sis pic--would definitely frame that one.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have been to all of those shore areas--I actually do miss the Jersey beaches. My Chis will never know what it's like to play on the sand, waaaaaa.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hilarious - it's like Ote helped Billy Connelly write his beach script about "sand". She's a girl after my own heart

Mojo = Mastiff & Boxer? There's definitely a whole lot of Mastiff there imo.
Hahaha, it's the truth! I would much rather be sitting pool side, rather than beach side. Once you get wet and the sand starts sticking everywhere, it's quite unbearable. Ick. I can deal with sitting on the beach and enjoying a sunset, or sunrise, but I'm not a huge fan of spending hours and hours in the hot sun on the beach! We lucked out and got an overcast day with a very nice breeze, so it helped keep it cool and enjoyable.

We bought Mojo as a pug/bulldog but as he gets older, I see more and more boxer. No one has said Mastiff yet, but I can definitely see it too now that you pointed it out. The coloration and face. One of these days I'm going to get one of those "DNA tests" done on him, just out of curiosity.

My boyfriend & I always laugh because we paid almost $1000 for a sickly (when we got Mojo he had kennel cough to an absolutely horrid degree, and had to nurse him back to health), "mutt" and only $200 for an extremely healthy purebred Chihuahua. What the heck is wrong with that picture!?! LOL. Never again will I buy a dog from a pet store. Mojo is a great dog, wonderful listener, but I don't want to support the puppy mills and horrible conditions that pet stores let their dogs live in.

I have been to all of those shore areas--I actually do miss the Jersey beaches. My Chis will never know what it's like to play on the sand, waaaaaa.
Where are you located now? I'm sure you could find a pond or lake with a sandy shore somewhere!! Even if it's not the real "beach." LOL

What great pics! Looks like all had a great time--even if Ote didn't like sand. lol I'm sure she didn't lack for laps to sit in. I also loved the big bro/ lil sis pic--would definitely frame that one.
Oh she definitely didn't lack laps to sit in! There were thirteen people there total & every single one absolutely adores her. They all ooh and ahh over her and take turns holding her. My "mother-in-law" said, "You think this is craziness? Wait until you guys have kids and they'll be fighting over holding the baby and spoiling it rotten!" Hahaha. I swear the dogs get "un-trained" for a few days everytime we visit. Everyone feeds them scraps (which Shane and I NEVER do) and encourage them to jump/beg. Kind of annoying, but what do you expect from grandparents, aunts & uncles! LOL. I'm definitely framing that photo :) I love it. Thanks for the compliments!

LOL just realized I went on and on in all these responses! Sorry ladies!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Oh my goodness, cuteness overload!

Mojo looks right at home in the sand, but Ote does not look so happy about the situation. The picture of the two of them is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. They are such opposites but complement each other so well.

All my previous dogs have LOVED the beach, because we lived in the Miami area and had easy access to beautiful beaches- Lilly was raised right next to the beach. Toby, however, has never been to the beach because we live kind of far away now. And when we move next week, we will be at least 3 hours away, near the mountains of North Carolina! Something tells me my beach bum wannabe is going to become a mountain climber!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Fantastic pictures! I love them! They are both so cute. I'm glad they had fun. It's awesome you were able to take them with you and to the beach, as I'm sure that made everything 10x better! :) I love Ote's life jacket! What a little princess too, she just didnt want to get her pretty paws all dirty with sand! :D And Mojo is definitely super handsome! I am curious to know what he is mixed with. I definitely see Boxer, but I just can't put my finger on what else it could be! No matter what, perfection! They make a great pair! :D

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I think Mojo is a Boxer/Pug mix. It would explain the markings, wrinkles, body
type and size. You know pet stores around here also easily charge 1000$ for a
mixed breed, don't you know they are "designer breeds" now, lol. I don't know
how you found Ote for just 200$, here the Chis start at minimum 600$ from a
byb with no papers. And go up to 2000$ about, depending on size, coat type
and color. It's crazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts