Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure if this question should go here or under the other pets section so if i guessed wrong please move it there. :)

I know most people here would pick the chi breed as there main dog breed but are there any other breeds that you like? That either you own now or want to one day in the future?

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Huskies, cause i share 3 with my partner. lol

I also like Dobermans, Poms ,New foundlands, chows...pretty much every breed out there! haha!! I love all dogs.
I also had a rough collie a long time ago.

If i could i would have at least one of each.
I have to say though having a chi is so different and i love it, def my fav breed now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the same way! I love all dogs! For myself i can't choose a fav breed there are just too many to choose from!

I grew up with a golden retriever and a jack russell terrier. Now i have my chi jackson. I would like to get him a doggie playmate in the future and hubby wants a miniature dachshund because that is the breed he grew up with.

The other dog breeds i am very interested in are siberian husky, dalmatian, saint bernard, english setter, shetland sheepdog, miniature bull terrier, french bulldog, cairn terrier, cocker spaniel, beagle, border terrier, and a scottish terrier. Whew, i know it's alot lol!

Wow you have 3 huskies your so lucky! To me the siberian husky is the most beautiful dog breed there is! I love how they favor wolves so closely in appearance!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I love Pugs and Poms, Greyhounds and Dalmations.
As Terri said, I really like all dogs.

However I simply adore mutts.
Not designer hybrids - just your basic 'what is that' dogs.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
My other love is the Border Collie. I love their intelligence and eagerness to work. I will always have at least one of them in my life!

Other breeds I'd consider in the future are Mudis, Koolies, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, and Papillons :D

Chihuahuas are my <3 breed, though!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I really love all dogs, purebreds, mixed/mutts, you name it. I'm just a massive animal lover, full stop. I had a Pom previous to my Chi's and have soft spot for them. I do have to say my heart is really stuck on the Chihuahua now though. :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have always loved english & french bulldogs.
I had english bred black pugs in the 80`s
sort of a breed trade off.
Bullys are too slobbery and super stubborn
especially frenchies. More then chis!!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I love all dogs but if i was get get a different breed from a chi now i would get a husky, cavalier or alaskan klee kai :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Right now we have a golden retriever, pomeranian and just added a Miniature pinscher to the family. Other breeds I want are westies, cocker spaniel, rough collie, rottweiler, great dane, more chi's, and poodles. I have owned, schnauzers (Giant and mini), poodles (standards/toys), cockers, daschunds, great danes, rotties, collies, great pyrenees, weimeraners, labradors & an aussie over the years.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
This is interesting to hear what different breeds everyone likes. :)

I can't see me every getting a dog other than a Chi but I do like Boston Terriers & Cavaliers. I'm such a Chi girl though...I don't know if I'll ever go non-Chi! haha

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Well I'm a dog lover for sure, but there are some breeds though that i wouldn't want. My boxer

is very special and I think they are a VERY FUN breed, loyal, loving, funny, smart. After having a chi i think that it's great being able to put her in the sink for a bath, definitely not something i can do with my boxer winston. ;)
In the future I want another chi, and a Whippet, and an Irish Wolfhound. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I particularly love German Shepards, Huskies, Hybrids, Pitbulls & Great Danes. I have never even seen a chihuahua in real life before but after reading so much about them and their personality I would really love to meet some and possibly own one in the future.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have a Shetland Sheepdog and that's one of my favourites so gentle and good natured,think my other would be a pom

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
i love chis, yorkies and akitas, why becvause thats what i have, i love poms, and if i could afford one i would love a boston terrier, but i love all dogs too!!!, oh an alaskan malamute

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Irish wolfhound, the tallest dog breed.

They are gentle giants ;) I've wanted one for like ever.
One day...I will have one!
Who could resist this face?

I know i already posted on this thread but had to post these pics, just got me thinking about them. :(
And of course the beautiful whippet:

ahhh *gushing* i really am a dog fanatic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Irish Wolfhounds are amazing dogs !

My cousin has two whippets, of course they are so sweet.

My friend had a brindle Greyhound, and it was so loving. She had no idea
how big she was, so you could take a beating when she got excited, but she woke and up and went to sleep each day filled with such love and happiness.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Husky, German Sheppard, Mastiffs, Dobermans, French bulldog, Chinese Crested...........I like way too many to go on hahaha I love all dogs I wish I could have 5 of each breed ever bred in the world! That would be my ideal life hahaha and obviously 25 trees that grew money on them and an unlimited supply of raw food for the 1000000's of dogs haha is that too much to ask? lol :D:D

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh.. My big dog favorite is the weimeraner. Then the Borzoi (Russian wolfhound). For my small dog favorite after the chi would be the pug, Chinese crested and Boston terrier.

Lori

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
O goodness, I probably wont even have the time to own all the different breeds I love, Im a huge animal fanatic too.
rottweiler, great dane (again), weimaraner, vizsla, doberman, mastiff, chinese crested, greyhound, italian greyhound, pekes, chin pin- I know "designer" breeds are frowned upon, but we have friends with two and they are CRAZY cute, like little miniature rotties
Chin-Pin, Japanese Chin Miniature Pinscher Hybrid, Chin-Pins
fun thread idea!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts