Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the chis a cake and gave them the birthday toys today. I can't believe my little Jack is going to be 2 tomorrow!! My baby is all grown up.

The birthday lute (I love the sushi toy haha)

The cake before it went into the oven

Baked and ready to eat!

Daisy first since it was her first cake

Lovin' the candle

She decided to take it into "her", actually Chloe's, house and Mae could hardly stand it

Finally!

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He says "ladies first" ;)
The icing is just organic plain yogurt :D

Here's the recipe for anyone who wants to make it

Layered Doggy Cake

3 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 cup margarine, softened
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn oil
2 jars strained chicken baby food
2 cups finely shredded carrots
plain or vanilla yogurt
2 or 3 strips of bacon, fried crisp, then crumbled, or use bacon-flavored jerky strips, cut into bits.

Preparation -
Generously grease and flour two 8" round cake pans; set aside. Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat softened margarine until smooth. Add eggs and corn oil; mix well. Add strained chicken, and shredded carrots and mix until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into the 2 prepared 8" cake pans. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.

Place one layer on a serving plate and spread yogurt over top. Place second layer on top, then spread yogurt on top and sides of entire cake. Sprinkle crumbled bacon or bits of jerky strips over top.

Use "Pupperoni" sticks instead of candles.

I used canola oil and "chicken and broth" stage 1 baby food (2 jars but I probably should have used 3 since they're so small). Oh and I used whole wheat flour and some matchstick carrots out of a bag so I didn't have to peel any lol :tongue5:

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
How Yummy! They look like they all thoroughly enjoyed the Birthday Party:)

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Oh my gosh Katie, your Chis are some of my favourites on here. They are so beautiful and I like the way you have them in crates like that! I love the last picture of Daisy and I am definitely keeping that recipe!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts