Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Josh and my wife (Ashley) and I are the proud and happy owners of a great Chi named Harley. We got him about 3 months ago and he has been the best thing for both of us. We have been married 17 years and my wife always had cats. In the last 2 years both of our cats, Sam and Chloe passed away. We had Sam for over 16 years and his passing was very very hard. Unfortunately we discovered about 7 years ago that I was actually allergic to the cats and they were triggering my asthma. Due to this fact we were unable to adopt another cat. We waited almost a year and started thinking of other options. We have fish tanks but fish just aren't the same as a good snuggle partner. My wife found out from her sister that a lady working with her was going to have to give up her 2 Chi's due to the fact her grandson couldn't be around them and she was going to have to start caring for them daily. She was looking for a good home for them and my sister in law asked my wife about it. We started doing some research and talking about it. We decided to give it a trial run and see how my allergies did. Lets just say after a couple weeks even if I had problems with Harley I would have never said a thing because I love the little guy too much to let him go. So far so good though over 3 months and no problems and he is on or near me half the night when I get home from work. He bonded more with my wife since she is a housewife and with him all the time. This has been really good for her. We never could have kids so Harley has been the closest thing to a kid we can have. It is a lot different than having cats. Cats are much more independent than dogs are apparently. Its been a good thing for us though. We enjoy taking him with us places and to visit family and everyone just loves him. He has been a real blessing to our little family. I am so happy I found this site. So many great little Chi's and happy owners. I would have never thought that a man like me would have liked a small dog bread. It is probably a sight seeing me 6' 5" tall weighing about 340 lbs walking a 6 1/2 lb Chi around. LOL Anyway it is great to meat you all and I enjoy learning from you all.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, my Zoey is a total Daddy's girl. Your Harley is adorable. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Hello & Welcome! :)

Aww your Harley is sooo adorable! Love his videos! My bf wasnt totally attached to the fact i had chis till he met Fifi. He used to love walking about with her in town etc :) its lovely to see men with little dogs!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Aww. I'm so happy for you guys, and welcome to CP! I know my ex was IN LOVE with Teddy (I think he was actually sadder to see him go than me!). You're not alone. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WoW everyone thanks for such a warm welcome. Very nice folks here. I am glad I checked back in I don't think it notified me by email that I had responses.

Thanks again its a great place you all have here.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi and welcome to you and your wife and your new chih wed love to see pics when you get a chance i love this forum hope you do too

·
Registered
33 Posts
i think it's sweet to "hear" a guy admit he's in love with his chi. my husband is 6'3 and looks adorable holding one of my babies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi and welcome to you and your wife and your new chih wed love to see pics when you get a chance i love this forum hope you do too
Well I will try and get some posted when I get home from work. I do have the link in my signature to his Youtube page though. You can see a few videos of him there. He is a great dog and lots of fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts