Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been away for awhile as we have been busy around the house trying to get some things done for Spring weather that will hopefully get here soon:)Wanted to share some pics of the little dog run and fence we put up for Dazy and Lulubelle. We live in the Wa.(Northwest) and there is so much wildlife that can be a threat to the girls here so we wanted a safe place for them to enjoy the sunshine when we are out in the back with them.
The fence was put up in case they make a mad dash out of our sliding patio door which would stop them from running out into the open area of our yard and the little dog pen is covered for their protection from eagles and hawks.
Don't laugh at their bed....it is a plastic container with their pillow in it! LOL:)
It stays dry, easy to clean and they love it:) I can even throw a potty pad in the pen for them to use. (it has a little metal door that opens)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oooh, that's wonderful! Very nice job! Looks like they are really enjoying it too. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
cute pictures! The girls look amazing....and enjoying the sunshine :) I love how you patio is fenced in.....very nice!! Clever idea with the outdoor doggy bed ;)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It must be a relief to know that the girls are safe and sound outside. I like your patio area as well.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
What a lovely patio and yard you have way up there in WA state! Such a novel and wonderful set up you have created for your babies.. they look adorable!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a lovely patio and yard you have way up there in WA state! Such a novel and wonderful set up you have created for your babies.. they look adorable!
Thanks all....I showed my husband all the nice comments and it made him feel better:) He pulled his back muscle putting up the fence and has been griping about it ever since! LOL! I sort of nagged him a bit about getting it all done and he worked real hard, so he got lots of hugs from me and the girls...plus I took him out for dinner :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's a fabulous set up, it looks great and is something safe for your dogs. Now you can all enjoy time outside together, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I would love to see the photos--not sure why I can't. I have the same issue in Colorado with wildlife lurking about.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
OOhh I love your patio. It looks so relaxing, the girls look adorable in that bed--it is perfect for two !!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
that looks fabulous Darlene! You are such a great chi mama! :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that looks fabulous Darlene! You are such a great chi mama! :)
Thanks Tracy:)
I wish I could just let the girls roam more in the back yard, but it is so dangerous for them out there:( I do walk them out on the grass area on a very short leash to go potty every once in awhile and of course they love the stroller!

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's an awesome set-up...nice to know I'm not the only OSHA-type dog mom around! The bed is way cool, too - I saw something similar in a catalog once for a small fortune; why not just repurpose another object? Very green thinking! Speaking of which, is that grass...actually...green...? It's been so long...trying to remember... ;}

1 - 20 of 21 Posts