Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Haven't really been posting much lately but thought I would fill you in on our new addition.

I have taken on a 7 year old rescue and her name is Fiona. She is a 4 pound brindle female that has had one owner her entire life. These people had a baby a couple of months ago and changed their direction in Fiona's place in their household. She used to be the "baby" herself but became secondary and instead of sleeping in the bed and getting lots of attention like she used to, she was crated at night and wasn't able to live the life that she was accustomed to. They decided she would be better off in a family that could give her more attention and the love that she deserves. I hesitated in this venture as I have four pups that are very used to one another and was quite settled in my pack the way it was. I took her as a trial and after a mere few days have fallen in love. Big surprise, huh??? Fiona is pee pad trained and hasn't had one accident. She has no interest in playing with the pups (which totally irritates them, LOL). She shook the entire first day and I felt just sick for her and really thought maybe this wasn't the place for her. Magically and quickly she bonded herself to me and started to relax. She loves the raw food that I feed my pups. She's growled a couple times at the other pups when they get too close but doesn't appear to have any nastiness inside of her. She wants to sleep and cuddle all day long. My oldest chi is Coco and she is 3 and still very much plays with the others but this one is dead set to sleep and cuddle. She is sweet, hasn't barked once, and is starting to wag her tail and act like a happy, well adjusted dog already. She is a registered ACK pup and appears to be in very good health. I'm working on her teeth as they need some help but aren't awful. The raw will help with that. I gave her a bath and she was wonderful and she let me cut her nails without a problem. I have become her everything and she is slowly bonding with the girls and Andrew. I feel good about the decision as having her hasn't added one ounce of stress to our lives here... yet!!! LOL!!! I think she simply needs love and attention to be quite happy. Oh, she started off sleeping with us the first night and found her spot right above my pillow next to Coco or curled up to my chest. She is truly an angel and I feel lucky that I was given the chance to give her a loving home. I think I must be crazy!!! LOL!!! I got some pictures but she is not thrilled at all with the camera. Can't get many with her ears up!!! Thanks for listening and I just wanted to share her with you guys.

Her snuggling with Coco.

Hmmmm, lots of action here, do I really wanna stay???

She's found her favorite bed in the kitchen. She is always here unless she is in my lap!!!

Getting more comfortable and snuggling with the little ones. As long as they are sleeping or not pestering her, she seems to like them. LOL!!!

Snuggling with little Lily Pad!!!

Her own little eating spot under the table right by my feet!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Robin! OMG- I am thrilled for you!! She is really special and soooooooo pretty. It looks like she is fitting right in. That is so awesome!! I bet you can get her teeth in shape in no time at all with the raw diet. She is really lovely and so are YOU for giving her such a fantastic home!! Love it. :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
OMG Robin! Fiona is a doll and so are you for taking her into your lovely home.
She is just too cute!
I love the pics snuggling with your other babies.
She looks like she is settling in great!
Hope to see lots more pics of her and all of your gorgeous furkids.
Great to see you posting too hon, missed ya! xxxx

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aww she is lovely! Congrats on the new addition too! :D Lovely for you to re-home her and thanks for sharing! Good luck with her :d
Thank you so much. Had no desire to expand my already large dog pack but it feels so right to have her here. Thanks again.
Robin, you are truly an angel :love2:
Fiona is very cute and I can't wait to see more and more photos of her; of all your babies actually *hint* *hint* ;)
Awwww Crystal, thanks honey. I'll post some of the other ones soon. Kiss my girls for me, okay???
she's vair pretty. [: And so lucky to have you now. Congratulations.
Thank you so much. I feel lucky too!!!
Always room for one more. Especially one who needs you like this girl did. Good for you!
Thank you so much. Never imagined I'd have five dogs but this little girl really does seem to fit right in.
Robin! OMG- I am thrilled for you!! She is really special and soooooooo pretty. It looks like she is fitting right in. That is so awesome!! I bet you can get her teeth in shape in no time at all with the raw diet. She is really lovely and so are YOU for giving her such a fantastic home!! Love it. :)
Thanks Tracy. I think I must be crazy. I knew I would never get another puppy but this little girl just screamed out to me. LOL. I was kind of pushed into it, to be honest with you, but I am so glad I agreed to the trial!!! My girl knows me well and knew trial meant forever. LOL. I didn't transition her one bit into the raw. She was eating crap kibble and I started off with beef cubes and Natures Variety and she adores it. I'm hoping that in a short amount of time, I can get her teeth in better order and prevent her needing a dental. Oh yea Tracy, she is not spayed either. Not sure what I'm going to do about that. She's seven and I guess was purchased to be a breed dog. Her parents are champions but because she turned out to be on the smaller side they decided not to breed her. Why they never spayed her I'll never know!!! I knew you'd be happy for me. I'm so lucky to be home everyday to be able to give them so much love!!! Kiss Brody for me and thanks for your words of encouragement!!! Aren't we ready to find Brody a sister yet??? LOL!!!
awww shes soo pretty!
Thank you so much, I just think she is so pretty and so special.
Aww Robin, She is sooo cute, Im so glad you gave her a loving home shes just adorable I love Fiona!!!!xxxx
I know you do honey, and she loves you already. Just think, you will be meeting her in May!!! She's fitting in perfectly and I honestly can't believe how fast they adjust with love!!!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
She is a beauty, sad that her family of so long decided to "demote" her, glad she found warmth and love in your home.
I know, I really try not to judge people after working in doxie rescue for so long. I realize that circumstances and priorities change as life goes on. This one is just so "easy" and seems low maintenance but good for them that they figured out she wasn't getting what she deserved.
Awww she s just adorable. Lovely big eyes. Maybe she will start to play a bit once she realises what she is missing out on! Lets hope ay. Congrats on your new addition. XX
Thank you. She is starting to run a bit with the little ones but not partaking in the "rumbles". LOL.
OMG Robin! Fiona is a doll and so are you for taking her into your lovely home.
She is just too cute!
I love the pics snuggling with your other babies.
She looks like she is settling in great!
Hope to see lots more pics of her and all of your gorgeous furkids.
Great to see you posting too hon, missed ya! xxxx
Oh sweetie, missed you too. So worried about your darn test. Praying that everything comes out okay. I'm sure your little snuggle bunnies are making it all better!!! Thanks for your well wishes. I was pretty set on my already large pup family but this one pulled at my heart strings. Thank god I'm a total homebody or I certainly wouldn't have taken this on. I worry with her being older but just couldn't let myself go down that road. However long she has, she will have an abundance of love and attention with us and will not ever be rehomed again. I think I'm the lucky one cuz she's full of so much love. Big hugs and kisses sweetie and keep in touch!!! Give those beauties of yours a hug from Auntie Robin.
she is so pretty, what a lovely colour. xxx
Thank you so much.
Oh Robin!!!! I must have her! She is awesome and you know my affinity for brindles! She is gorgeous. Congrats.
Linny, isn't she a gem??? This all happened quickly and I haven't had the chance to call you yet but I knew you'd love her. She is a gentle and loving soul. I said no at first but my girl kept pushing for a "trial". You know there's no such word for me!!! LOL. Thanks honey and I'll be in touch.
OH how wonderful!
Thank you so much. Yes, it really is wonderul. Everybody wants the puppies but not often the older ones and I'm here to tell you they are just the best!!! My heart is very full right now.
Congratulations! She is adorable. Kudos to you for adopting a senior chi and giving her a loving forever home. :)
Thank you so much. Everybody's support means a lot to me. I was nervous and really not sure how this would affect my pups and family. So far, it's like nothing has changed at all. I just pray for health for her and that she is happy. I am so in love and attached already!!!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts