Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally brought in a foster chi. Bella! She's a little doll! Tiny tiny!!! Only 3 1/2 pounds (looks so much bigger in the pics) she makes my Willow look like a monster! Willows about between 4.5-5 pounds now Wowsers! Anyways, our new foster is very sweet, and quite shy but super loving and loves my kids!! She is on their lap the second tey sit down! And she cried when they went to bed tonight! If I didn't already have Willow (who is still a bunch of work all on her own!) I would adopt little Bella! Willow has been good although a tad too spunky for Bella's liking. We were told Bela was surrendered for being a little nippy and they were having a baby. I find it a little starnge that she has been so accepting of my kids and shown no signs up til now of "nipping". But, maybe once she gets more comfortable she might.

· Registered
3,960 Posts
Aww, bless you for helping her.. She is a little cutie! And, your kids are adorable.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Everyone!

Aw, you are so wonderful for fostering! I really want to foster in the future. I just have a feeling my boyfriend wouldn't approve. :(
My husband does not exactly approve but...he figures as long as I am not adopting them he better say yes or I'll keep looking to adopt a second. Sort of satisfies my craving for a second "temorarily".

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She's got such long legs!! And she's really skinny..She needs a little weight on her for sure! Problem with our little Bella is she will not eat!!!! I have tried everything! Heck she won't even eat deli meat. NO - I would never recommend this!! But I am worried about her becoming hypoglycemic. I don't know if they are still susceptible to it as adults but she is just so little. So I have actually given her a dab of honey a few times a day cuz I'm scared. Do I just wait her out....anyone have this happen before?

She is very skittish and loves to be on our laps. However she is so anxious. I have been penning her in the kitchen when she has not pottied, and she wimpers the whole time. She will not use the pee pads and hasn't had any accidents in the house (despite the previous owner saying she pees everywhere???) But she is so hard to take out to potty! She is scared of the potty rocks, prefers leaves, and she has only peed once last night and twice allll day!

· Banned
10,736 Posts
Carmen, I'm giving you a huge hug for being such a great person. :) Fostering is
not easy, you are wonderful for doing this. I enjoyed all of the pictures. Your kids
are absolutely gorgeous! They look like they are good with the dogs too. As for
the little one not eating, how long have you had her? What are you trying to
feed to her? Have you looked at her teeth? She looks like a mature lady, perhaps
she has some teeth that are causing her discomfort? Or she could simply be a
little apprehensive since this is all new to her. Sometimes it just takes a little
time for them to settle in, feel comfortable and get used to your routine.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh Thank you so much for everything LS! You are just loaded with awesome advice! And you know what...I was just reading your post and thought well...maybe she's just too nervous in the pen or kitchen so...I actually brought her up on the couch with her bowl and she has finished the WHOLE bowk right here while I type! Ultimately this little chi has been SPOILED rotten! LOL! Well now that I know she will eat I can be a litttle more "stern" with her! Ha ha! And she can learn to be a dog again! You can tell she has gotten things her way. She's funny on a leash and just stope dead in her tracks if she doesn't wanna go... well she's has come along already today realizing that she doesn't get her way with me. She walks fabulously on walks (but pottying is another issue altogether!)
Even the previous foster was afraid of her or something...she kept warning me she will bite if you touch her back or hind end or startle her. And yet, she has tolerated me picking her up at know warning and even with the kids she shows no sign of fear or "nippiness". I actually think she needs someone to tell her she's not the boss and she will be a fabulaous little chi!
My kids just love her! but...I just don't think I could keep her (well my husband would flip anyways). She is actually quite high maintenance as far as chis go. Very needy and whiny if she isn't snuggling with you. Mind you maybe that would settle down once she was comfy. She will make a great pet for smeone I hope. btw they say she's 5 but I think she looks older...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.