Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in general because it's more about Henry than Frasier.
Those who don't know - Henry is Frasier's kitty brother, he's a 12-year-old Burmese.

Henry has been steadily losing weight since we got Frasier in January and the trip from Cali was very hard on him. He's lost so much weight I was afraid something was wrong.

I completely smashed my 3 of my fingers in the garage door on the way to the vet's office so I had to really concentrate to focus on Henry. My husband and Henry got to the office before me. When I got there, they were already in the examing room. So, I go in the door and my first thought is Omgosh this man is very weird we're not coming back here. It was just something about the way he looked and talked.

But, Henry, who had just had a urinalysis and hates all people except family was in love. (Urinalysis = big needle poked in bladder to withdraw urine sample). Just for Henry to be seen by a vet usually involves 3 people holding him down. But, he was just laying on the table between this doctor's arms. They guy was not even holding him down! He just laid there happily swishing his tail with this contented look on his face! I was just stunned. Made me forget about my smashed hand for a few minutes.

Animals were free-roaming in the back of the office, but totally under control. The vet only had to look at them to get them to sit or leave or whatever he wanted them to do. It's almost like he talks to them.

He spent a longggggggggg time with us and said that he thinks Henry's weight loss is due to the fact that he runs wild with Frasier where he used to just lay around. He saw nothing in the urinalysis that worried him. He didn't want to do anything further at this time, except monitor Henry's weight. He made some suggestions for putting a little more sugar and fat into Henry's diet.

So, by the time it was over, I loved him. He could have taken us for 100's of dollars with tests and exams with us being new in town and worried about my hand during the visit. (I truly completely closed 3 of my fingers entirely in the garage door.) Instead, he's offering ice for my hand, charming my cat, answering a million questions, and only charging $44. :)

He said he loves chis and can't wait to meet Frasier. :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
OMG, I'm moving to Dallas! :lol: I am sooo happy for you. I know that finding a reliable new vet had to be one of your big concerns. It sounds like you've found Dr. Doolittle or the Dog Whisperer. :lol:

I'm so glad for the good news about Henry (makes sense when you think about it), glad the vet loves chi's, glad he didn't rip you off, glad he doesn't mind answering questions... but really sorry about your hand. Big ouch. :(

Thanks for sharing this with us. For some reason, this just makes my day.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Besides your poor hand, that as a great story. So glad you found a good vet.
Hope your kitty gets better. :)

Rachael, I love the Dog Whisperer. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I feel your pain in your fingers... i smashed 2 of my fingers real good in a ladder as I was closing it once...

I am so happy that you found a good vet that will treat you and your furbabies wonderfully...

I love the dog whisperer.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
[quote="Frasier's Mommy"
My husband and Henry got to the office before me. When I got there, they were already in the examing room. So, I go in the door and my first thought is Omgosh this man is very weird we're not coming back here. It was just something about the way he looked and talked.

But, Henry, who had just had a urinalysis and hates all people except family was in love. (Urinalysis = big needle poked in bladder to withdraw urine sample). Just for Henry to be seen by a vet usually involves 3 people holding him down. But, he was just laying on the table between this doctor's arms. They guy was not even holding him down! He just laid there happily swishing his tail with this contented look on his face! I was just stunned. Made me forget about my smashed hand for a few minutes
:D[/quote]

As my mother used to say - "don't judge a book by it's cover". LOL - Sounds like you found the perfect vet for Henry and Frasier. Your description of the vet's office sounds a lot like the vet we used when I was in my teens. Animals all over the place, but the place was always clean and there just seemed to be an oasis of calm around the vet. It was just amazing. Good to hear there appears to be nothing seriously wrong with Henry.

So sorry to hear about your fingers. Ouch! I slammed one of my fingers in a car door once, and I know how that hurt. Can't imagine mashing three fingers! Hope you are feeling better today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts