Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I dont post here often, but wanted to introduce everyone to our new foster dog. She is an approx.4 yr old chihuahua who came from a puppymill in Ontario. She was running around with ~100 other chihuahuas, the rescue i volunteer with got three of them. The others havent been liberated.
She came from a person who paid to get 8 chihuahuas out of there.
The others are with CCRT.
Little Miss Ruby came to us pregnant and gave birth to three babies, 2 boys one girl. Unfortunately the two tiny ones(just over 2oz) passed away, leaving one lone boy who we have named Ernie.
Here are some pictures. Ernie is 3 weeks old now and is thriving, we joke he is part labrador the way he is gaining weight, when he smells his mom's food he practically runs to get some so we will be starting him on a puppy food slurry.

Here is mom the first night we got her with her two babies

Here are the two babies, the brown one was the littlw girl who passed

Ruby and Ernie

This is the little girl who passed, Anna, just to show how tiny she was

and Ernie

·
Registered
464 Posts
awww. They are all so cute!
Poor babies. Ernie and Ruby look good together.
How is Ruby taking to the house and everyone? I know dogs from puppy mills can have iffy dogs and might not get use to people being nice

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Aww how adorable and one sweet Momma and so happy she is with you. Sad about Anna who passed but Ernie is a doll. I love the solid black Chi's

·
Registered
311 Posts
the Mama has a very sweet looking face ~ and I love the name Ernie! He's very cute and appears to be quite the little chubster.

100 Chihuahua's ~ so sad. Cant even imagine what Little Miss Ruby thinks to be out of there and cared for. She has probably never known a life like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awww. They are all so cute!
Poor babies. Ernie and Ruby look good together.
How is Ruby taking to the house and everyone? I know dogs from puppy mills can have iffy dogs and might not get use to people being nice
From what i understandm she was out of the mill for about a month before she was surrendered to rescue, so she had some house experience, and possibly was a pet before she was a mill dog. She was very shy the first couple of days, but curious. She uses a pee pad well, doesnt like to go outside yet though, but it is cold out and she has a baby she doesnt want to leave. It is just my mom and i and my nephew is here three days per week and he is 2yrs old. Ruby takes everything in stride and is doing pretty good, she allowed me to put a collar on her as well as pick her up and trim her front nails including dews.

the Mama has a very sweet looking face ~ and I love the name Ernie! He's very cute and appears to be quite the little chubster.

100 Chihuahua's ~ so sad. Cant even imagine what Little Miss Ruby thinks to be out of there and cared for. She has probably never known a life like this.
Thanks, Ernie was named after my Grandfather and Anna is my Grandmother's name. The puppies were born on my Grandfather's Birthday so that is where we got the name, his whole name is Ernest James. Ruby came with 2 other females, and the head of Rescue named them since they came to her house first, so there is Ruby, Sapphire and Diamond.

I can't believe how healthy mom looks?! Must be pregnancy health! lol Such a sad story with a warm-hearted ending!
Well, although puppymills are all bad, there are varying degrees of bad. Some look after their dogs, by that i mean feed water and shelter them, so she may have been a well fed dog, you will see her one ear is a little mangled, probably from a fight. She is a bit pudgy which is common with dogs that have been bred alot.

Thanks Everyone for the compliments, we are SO enjoying having this sweet girl and boy!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I am so pleased you are fostering these chis :)
Sorry to hear one of the pups passed away
I really love the last photo. Ruby looks so loving with her baby

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Thank you for fostering these dogs and giving them a safe place. They are so adorable, and you took some awesome pictures. So sorry Anna and the other male didn't make it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aw momma's face is just precious... you can tell she loves her babies but I'm sure she'll be glad to finally retire from motherhood!! Bless you for taking care of these babies.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
OOOOHHHH I am soooo thankful you have that precious mama and her darling baby boy!!! So sorry her baby girls didn't live. What precious pics. Love the one of her little tongue barely out, and ones showing what a good little mama. You are so special to give her a good home now. Bless you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, my photobucket account was acting up so i wasnt able to post new pictures. Ernie and Ruby are doing well. He is 5 weeks old today, comes out of the kennel 100% of the time to go pee and poop almost always on the pee pad. He is eating a bit of canned food and mom is starting to wearn him off. Ernie weighs just under a pound and Ruby weighs ~5lbs.(2.6KG)
He comes running with his tail wagging when we call him now- I think he knows our voices more than he knows his name, but we think he's a genius! lol

Here are a few new pictures

She cant get her little mouth of rotten teeth around his body so grabs him by the tail or leg to take him back to his kennel lol

Family Portrait

This is our other foster dog, a shih tzu x maltese, Lilou

Enjoy!

·
Registered
688 Posts
So glad these chi's are in ur hands now, the momma reminds me of peanut! the baby is so precious. great pics.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Absolutely adorable!!! Ruby looks like a great momma and Ernie is soooo sweet!! Looks like they are in great hands!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts