Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned today why our pit mix was poorly housetrained when we first got her.

Apparently, her old owners rescued her from their nasty, abusive cousin. Whenever she would have an accident in the house, the lady would hit her in the leg with a hammer. I have no idea how she could have turned into such a wonderful dog. When the owner confronted her cousin, she was told, "It's only in the muscle. It's not going to hurt her." :angry5:

She's not fearful or aggressive one bit. In fact, she loves everyone she meets, and everyone loves her. She doesn't seem like she could be abused, at all. This is the dog that we took to Petsmart one day, and she had at least ten people surrounding her petting her. This is the dog that lets all the other dogs eat her food and act rough with her.

I just don't understand what kind of person could come up with that kind of punishment, besides a sadistic monster.

I'm just glad I don't know anything about Sophie's first owner, besides the fact that they were cousins. For my own good...

She's the one on the left:

We've had her for over two years, and I just learned this now.

I just don't understand how some dogs could be so resilient. She never acts abused or aggressive. She's never bitten anyone ever. She's always giving kisses and absolutely loves people. I've never suspected that she was ever treated poorly like that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:( good to know she has a good home now with someone who won't abuse her, it's almost as if some people want to take advantage of every dog's good nature with their natural trust and willing to please, gosh I really hate people like that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Omg, I love your pit bull. She is gorgeous and has gentle eyes. I wanted to adopt a pit bull recently but we are about to become foster parents to a little girl. we have our own child and two chis and live in a small home. Honestly, i think it would be just to much for me to handle. I'm glad you have her and can give her all the love she deserves.:angel11:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts