Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went camping on the beach in Florida and it was like night & day with Midgie's severe allergies: scratching, biting, rubbing eyes, up all night. It was just about non-existant in FLA. I was so thrilled to see her so relaxed for a change.

In her little chair.

Whacha doin' ovr there mommy?

Peek-a-boo!! You can't see me? Where am I?

This is my family portrait!!

Heading home & this is where I like to be--on mommy's lap!!

I wish they'd stop pointing that thing at me!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 14 hour drive to the beach, but we break the trip up. Drive 6-8 hours one day, camp somewhere along the way, then make it to our destination the next day. It would drive me crazy trying to make the trip in one day with two 7-year olds. Plus I do most the driving cause hubby loves to be shauffered (sp?). He makes me nervous when he drives anyway (hope he don't see this) Lol. It's worth it tho, just wish we could have stayed longer.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like Midge and your family had a lot of fun. I love her little chair!
Yard sale find!! As you can see, she loves her chair too!! It's funny how they know what is theirs. I got it for her because I didn't want her to lay on the ground with the ants and fleas. She's a little diva & she knows it!! Lalala

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Love these pictures Lisa, you have a beautiful family, you're all a bunch of
cutie pies. I'm glad you had a nice time, and thanks for sharing, made me smile.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aw!! Thank you LS! So glad to see you back. Hope all is well with you! Bella is just so adorable and looks so happy!!

You're very welcome, I could feel the love just from seeing that family picture,
I had to comment. I like seeing big happy families...restores hope in humanity...
dramatic aren't I? ;) And thank you, it's really nice to be back, I really missed
you & the girls, this forum is the only one I participate in, it's a daily part of my
life, I made good friends, it was tough without you guys. And yeah all the pups
are doing well, I need to post some pics of Chanel, my good girl is turning 2 this
week, time flies. She's really loving having Bella around, they are practically
inseparable all day long, playing, cuddling, sleeping together, it's fun to watch.
Do you think you'll get another dog some day? You have kids too though, so I'm
sure you are plenty busy as is. But what do you think, maybe one day?

ps: I keep meaning to ask you, because I know you research this subject
quite a bit. Can you please give me some links or recommendations for good
educational reading material regarding foods and the issues associated with
certain ones? You know the stuff that they don't tell you...that kind of thing.
I've been learning what's happening with our BC salmon lately and it got me
into more serious thinking about what on earth is in our foods nowadays, I've
always known about the farming horrors, but keep trying to learn more on
other produce as well. Feels like nothing is safe anymore, even when you
think you're eating healthy. Thank god for the farmer's market we have
nearby for summer time. Anyways, I know you know what I'm talking about
so please share some materials if you can think of any. I'd be really grateful.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
looks like a great vacation...glad her allergies were better and you all could relax...love the pic of her in her chair..a true little beach bum !

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You're very welcome, I could feel the love just from seeing that family picture,
I had to comment. I like seeing big happy families...restores hope in humanity...
dramatic aren't I? ;) And thank you, it's really nice to be back, I really missed
you & the girls, this forum is the only one I participate in, it's a daily part of my
life, I made good friends, it was tough without you guys. And yeah all the pups
are doing well, I need to post some pics of Chanel, my good girl is turning 2 this
week, time flies. She's really loving having Bella around, they are practically
inseparable all day long, playing, cuddling, sleeping together, it's fun to watch.
Do you think you'll get another dog some day? You have kids too though, so I'm
sure you are plenty busy as is. But what do you think, maybe one day?

ps: I keep meaning to ask you, because I know you research this subject
quite a bit. Can you please give me some links or recommendations for good
educational reading material regarding foods and the issues associated with
certain ones? You know the stuff that they don't tell you...that kind of thing.
I've been learning what's happening with our BC salmon lately and it got me
into more serious thinking about what on earth is in our foods nowadays, I've
always known about the farming horrors, but keep trying to learn more on
other produce as well. Feels like nothing is safe anymore, even when you
think you're eating healthy. Thank god for the farmer's market we have
nearby for summer time. Anyways, I know you know what I'm talking about
so please share some materials if you can think of any. I'd be really grateful.
Do you have Netflix? There's a ton of informational videos on there. One good one is called "Food Matters." I have a DVD (Roulette) that I lent out. When I get it back, I'll try to figure out how to copy it & send you a copy with some brochures on the food brand names to avoid & the good ones to look for. I must warn you--I'm glad you're wanting to take care of yourself & what goes in/on your body--but when you open this can of worms, it'll scare the he** out of you what's going on & how the government is part of it. There is only so much we can do because we have become so reliant on stores & everyone else, but the more you do for yourself, the better off you'll be. Did you know the cancer (tumors) can be eliminated from the body just by taking MEGA doses of Vit. C? Severe depression can be reversed with MEGA doses of Niacin? Doctors won't tell you that because there's no money to be made in HEALTHY people.

I thought I put a link on here to some of this info? I'll try to look for it & repost it. I'm so happy you're interested because the more people that turn away from the government & these companies that are making garbage food, the quicker we'll put them out of business.

Oh Yea, I'd love to get another baby & I'm sure Midgie would love someone to play with, but I'm nervous that she may not except another chi because I'm her world & she's very protective. Her severe allergies are driving me crazy by making me not want any more chis. I just feel so helpless when she's so uncomfortable that the reality of getting another seem like a dream.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh Lisa I know! And I'm beyond scared. I've been looking into some parts of this for a
while, since college days, after a professor of mine opened my eyes, I always
considered myself a health nut, but not much is safe nowadays. So much
nastiness in our world, so much corruption and greed... I won't bore you with
my views, but lets just say they are very similar to yours, just thinking about it
boils my blood. I'll try to find that documentary, thank you! No need to copy it,
I'll try to find it, I don't want to cause you work. Thanks my friend!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Aww Poor midgie and her allegies, do you know what causes them? Basil is exactly the same and I feel like I am the beginning of a very long journey into finding out what they are. Its so hard to watch them be so uncomfortable, its the sad little noises he makes when he rubs his paws into his eyes that get me :(

So so glad that you had a lovely holiday and the gorgeous pup got some respite ... seems like a damn good reason to schedule more time at the beach in to me - ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts