Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By special request from Dahlia's mama, wanted to share some pics of where we moved to:)
3 days drive from California to Washington...Dazy and Lulubelle were angels! They slept in their travel crate and were good girls in hotel rooms too.
We arrived here on a Wed., bought a house a week later, rented a tiny studio apt. while waiting for escrow to clear and finally moved in the end of June.
And we got married in Sept.!
Here are some pics of the area, our house and yard...some critter pics too!

We can walk to the ocean...and there is a small private airstrip to the left of us for the people that have small planes.

This is the "Straits of Juan Defuca" part of the ocean near the Puget Sound. We hear the fog horn on foggy days from the lighthouse near us.

MY husband heard a noise in the forest just as I took this pic! It turned out to ne a woodpecker!

Bald Eagles...This pair were sitting near their nest protecting their babies....I was so close I could have reached out to touch them...They were beautiful.

The back of our house...1 1/4 acres

This was a momma deer and her baby in our backyard....they are in our yards all the time

A view outside my bedroom

My birdhouses and flowers

From inside the house we get a great view of the Olympic mountain range..the front of the house is the ocean.

Hugs from Darlene, Dazy and Lulubelle

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
OH MY GOSH!

So incredibly BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, but oh so jealous!

I'm in flat country and I so so soo miss the mountains! It's lovely!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I love washington and Oregon. I live in Portland ORegon...where you live is heaven...you are luck to have found the wonderful home you have. the yard its big and walking to the beach is the best. lovely picture you took...where are they of you? any pictures of the wedding?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wow congrats on the new home! It's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
What stunning views! A little piece of Heaven out there! Gorgeous, Darlene! Thank you for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
OMG Darlene these pics brought tears to my eyes.
Its so beautiful there and your house is lovely!!
Its so lush and so different then your place on the desert.
Its a fairytale story and Im so happy for you both!!
Give Dahlia`s sistergirls a hug for us!! (((((Hugs))))))
Rhonda & Dahlia

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Those are amazing photos! What a beautiful area you live in! The bald Eagle shots are just stunning! Very awesome you got to be that close! Congrats! Glad your babies did so well too! hehe

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love washington and Oregon. I live in Portland ORegon...where you live is heaven...you are luck to have found the wonderful home you have. the yard its big and walking to the beach is the best. lovely picture you took...where are they of you? any pictures of the wedding?
Hi Jessica...
Here is a couple of photo's of the wedding...it was casual and just my mom and her friend were there with us. We were married in a garden area of my friends house.

And my new husband's look on his face was like "OMG...did I just get married" ! We all laughed at that one!

Seriously...the camera just caught him off-guard!:)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I am soooooooo jealous!!!! I would LOVE to move out of California! I would like to move to Idaho.
My cousin lives on the border of WA. and Idaho...very pretty there.
We used to live in Orange county too:) city of Orange. That is originally where we were from and then lived in Palm Springs are for 5 HOT :( yrs...toooo hot for us.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
HOLY CRAP you live in a perfect little town! Is it a military base? It looks so secluded. I am JEALOUS! I have wanted bald eagle pictures for ever.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Lovely pics, but I wish you hadn't! I am SO jealous, it's spectacular. How incredibly lucky you are to be near the mountains and the ocean, and to have such fabulous views from your home! When can we all visit?!?!
Congrats on your marriage too:)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lovely pics, but I wish you hadn't! I am SO jealous, it's spectacular. How incredibly lucky you are to be near the mountains and the ocean, and to have such fabulous views from your home! When can we all visit?!?!
Congrats on your marriage too:)
Thanks...I felt the same way when we got here:) Sure...come visit anytime! LOL!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i love your house!!!! u and ur hubby and furbabies are so lucky :( that is just simply too beautiful! love the bald eagles too hehe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts