Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Dahlia's mama's request I posted some pics of our move to Wa. state:) on the general topic forum...

The girls did real good in the car, they were good in the hotel rooms, but when it came time for potty breaks at rest stops they were so nervous and smelling everything they sometimes would not go potty! Has anyone else had this problem w/ their chi's :) I thought maybe because they were used to going on pads...I even put a pad down in the car but that did not work either!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
So you finally made it to Sequim. We will have to get together someday.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oooh...cool, I'm in Vancouver, BC...haha. I don't know about chi's...but my australian cattle dog mix had troubles going potty anywhere away from home. She'd hold it a long time and finally just have to GO at one point or another...haha. So it worked out okay. Where in WA? Anywhere close to the US/Canada border? =)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooh...cool, I'm in Vancouver, BC...haha. I don't know about chi's...but my australian cattle dog mix had troubles going potty anywhere away from home. She'd hold it a long time and finally just have to GO at one point or another...haha. So it worked out okay. Where in WA? Anywhere close to the US/Canada border? =)
Hi there :)
We are in Sequim/Port Angeles...45 min. ferry ride to BC/ Victoria and very close to your area :p

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Thats right... you live so close! How exciting...We will definately have to get together! How far...I think 2 hours?
Good news :hello1:
I actually live in Silverdale, so about an hour

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey goes really well in the car. And within a few mins of us stopping she normally goes to the toilet. Poor little things maybe the big trip was a bit to much for them! Was that their 1st long trip?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honey goes really well in the car. And within a few mins of us stopping she normally goes to the toilet. Poor little things maybe the big trip was a bit to much for them! Was that their 1st long trip?
Yes...It was their first long trip:) They were so good and never made a peep...but when we arrived in WA. poor Dazy was constipated and had an awful time for a couple of days :foxes15: Next visit back to CA. and I'm getting a dog sitter so the girls can stay home where they are comfy and watched over. Not to say that our trip will be more relaxing so we don't have to worry about them so much :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Kay that is great! We can meet at the mall!! My husband and I have gone into Silverdale for shopping and for a doctor's appt.... It was a very nice drive.
We will have to plan that sometime:p
Yes anytime They just opened a lovely dog park in Silverdale with a small dog area.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Per Dahlia's mama's request I posted some pics of our move to Wa. state:) on the general topic forum...

The girls did real good in the car, they were good in the hotel rooms, but when it came time for potty breaks at rest stops they were so nervous and smelling everything they sometimes would not go potty! Has anyone else had this problem w/ their chi's :) I thought maybe because they were used to going on pads...I even put a pad down in the car but that did not work either!
I've found that to be an issue too. I always try to make sure we take them to an area away from people and cars and noises. I've even gone so far as to have my husband just pull over on an off ramp instead of at a rest area so there will be no one/nothing else around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts