Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly and Snow went for their next vet visit this morning and got their shots, nail trims, and weigh in. They are still so funny.. once on the exam table, they "freeze" like statues..lol Both checked out just fine. Snow weighed in at 1 pound 15 ounces at 12 weeks, and Holly at 2 pounds 2 ounces.

Took these pics of the girls right after we returned home.. they are happy again now. lol Holly was smiling!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oooh scarey new things! :)

they are so very cute. are you keeping them?
Thank you so much, they have captured our hearts for certain.. yes, they will be staying here with us.. Deb

And, thank you Cheeky.. We have always been "boy" chi folks, but these two little girls are very special..lol I couldn't believe when I sold their brother and kept the girls..lol Deb

·
Registered
497 Posts
I seem to personally like females over males, simply because i dont like seeing the male anatomy lol

Your pups are very pretty. Is Snow actually a white chihuahua or a very light tan?

Does your vet have problems cutting Hollys black nails? Its the only bad thing, imo, about dark dogs.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to personally like females over males, simply because i dont like seeing the male anatomy lol

Your pups are very pretty. Is Snow actually a white chihuahua or a very light tan?

Does your vet have problems cutting Hollys black nails? Its the only bad thing, imo, about dark dogs.
Thank you everyone.. I do love these little girls! Prior to these two, we had 7 chihuahuas and 5 of them are boys with only two girls..We have found our girls to be quite independent and our boys more attached and loving to us.

Snow's coloring is quite different from what we have seen. She is actually white in places but then has a very pale cream/tan stripe down her back bone. Her tail is cream except the tip of it, and that is snow white. Her ears are cream colored, but her face is white. Her dad is a reddish blonde, and her mom is black and tan like Holly.. But in her dad's background, there are some white chis, so I guess that is where Snow is getting it. lol

Our vet has no trouble cutting the dark nails, but we do at home..I get really nervous when we can't tell where the quick it located..
Deb

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Gorgeous!
Glad all went well at the vets too.
Holly really is smiling, so cute!!

Yeah my vet took a bit less off Darla's nails cause some are white and some black and the black are harder to do.
I dont know if i would want to try Darla's myself incase i hurt her. x

·
Registered
497 Posts
All i can say to that is "Shes a looker" lol. My dog has a white tipped tail and i love watching it go up in the air when she is walking proudly on a leash.

I had a chi come though my home what have black nails and i absolutely hated cutting them. I was so nervous i gave up because i figured i was making the situation worse with my energy. lol

Holly and Snow are littermates? If so, what a contrast in colors :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Holly and Snow are littermates? If so, what a contrast in colors"

Yep, they are litter mates..lol There were originally 4 in the litter, two black and tan, Snow, and a tri corlor.. Here's pics when they were born..

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Thank you so much, they have captured our hearts for certain.. yes, they will be staying here with us.. Deb

And, thank you Cheeky.. We have always been "boy" chi folks, but these two little girls are very special..lol I couldn't believe when I sold their brother and kept the girls..lol Deb
Aw..that is great Deb. I have grown fond of these little ones..so glad that we will be having them stay...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aw..that is great Deb. I have grown fond of these little ones..so glad that we will be having them stay...
What a very sweet thing to say about the girls.. thank you so much! I love taking pics of them, but my puter has "broken" and it is the one I upload my pics on.. I can visit the site on hubby's computer, but can't upload any pics here.. Hopefully will be able to get mine repaired over the weekend.. I'm going nuts without it. lol Deb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts