1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get into bed at night can be a challenge in
our house. It seems our pets wait to hear the inevitable
words, "time for bed". No matter how hard we try, the animals
manage to beat us there and take over the entire bed.
Jasper often brings toys and chewies for the occasion
and the cats seize which area of the bed they want to clean
and sleep on. By the time we get into bed atleast 1/2 hr has
passed and we are having to move fur things to make
room. As if this isn't enough there is the getting up in
the morning routine. Jasper takes the lead to get his
parents up with a variety of cute routines. Once we move,
he gets up on the couch with Hannah and goes back to sleep
with her. She snuggles right up with him at 6am! Too damn cute.
The only way to pass the time we can't get any sleep, is
to take pics of course. So here is this weeks late night and early
morning photo shoot. It's a good thing we love our pets other wise
I would trade them in for a few extra zzzz's:p

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Isn't it strange that you can get up off the sofa many times during the day and your pets don't even head up the stairs then when you decide to go to bed they flee up ahead of you up the stiars.

Jake does this, he knows when its my bed time, reckon he has got used to my routine. Jakes too small to jump up on the bed especially as it was made higher than normal beds (OH had the bed custom made).

So I get ready, lob into bed and don't get any peace until I pick Jake up. He cries to be up.. Then its time for him to leap all over the bed grabbing my toes..

Eventually he snuggles down right up against me.

How is it in a huge bed I end up stuck on the edge with Jake lying all stretched out looking ever so comfy beside me.

and best of all I dare not move in case I disturb him.. lol

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awww.... how sweet! They are two peas in a pod. They look so comfy hanging out on the bed with their chewies and their kitty. :) Love it!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
awwww they are just too cute together!!! LOl the couch pics. i guess they bring their chews evrywhere they go lmaooo! ;) wow must be hard to sleep with so many of them on ur bed! i can hardly sleep with dexter since hes always kicking me when i move around. i think i developed some bodyaches because of him..i sleep in the weirdest potitions..and my shoulder back been hurting recently..oh boy! LOL

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i can hardly sleep with dexter since hes always kicking me when i move around. i think i developed some bodyaches because of him..i sleep in the weirdest potitions..and my shoulder back been hurting recently..oh boy! LOL
Ha ha ha, :p:p:p, oh that has me in giggles, Jake once settled is great just hogs the entire bed but for Dexter kicking about has me picturing Dexter thinking "Hey Mummy keep still your disturbing me" :p:p

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
How cute are they all.
So funny, bet they all keep you both warm on a cold night anyway, lol x
Can i ask how did Hannah take to your cats, her being older?
I am still slowly introducing mine to the chi's, my cats are very independant and tend to like the bedrooms more, but just dont like to leave them alone with the chi's incase they scratch them right now.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terri, both of may cats have their claws so I was a bit worried with a female , older chi in the house but honestly they have not had a single issue with her. Mickey is turning 16 and Snowball 13 and Hannah makes the 3rd chi (1st time for 2 dogs at once) they have shared their home with. Ralph and I waited for spitting,hissing or fighting incidents but nothing every happened ...not even once. Quite surprising if you ask me. Our cats love to sleep on the bed and they have a 6ft cat post too for their safe zones, but they never seeked them out more than usual. I think Hannah's passive and mellow tempermant helped making our animals comfortable with her. We also made sure no ones routines changed and we lavished lots of extra attention on Jasper and the kitty's when Hannah moved in. Perhaps they accepted her presence easier because of that.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
lol, i had to laugh when i read this, sounded very familiar. i call my 2 " partners in crime" . Minnie cries to get my attention so i'll take her in bed , then Tootsie gets to go in too of course. Then they have to take up the best spot in bed, right in the middle.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
You are so lucky. I just love having my Chi''s on the bed with me and I miss our old cat. I love sharing my bed with them, the more the merrier I say lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts