Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gadget has learned to go potty outside most of the time now.. I have one potty pad left in the house now and it is in the bathroom...

He has done so good... I can't believe it.. he will even go out in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning...

but he seems to like to go about 5 times and then come in and wait a few minutes.. just when I am all comfy and cozy in bed againa nd then he wants out again..... he did this for 3 hours this morning..

I was so tired by 8 am that I finally got back to sleep and slept til noon....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Oh my gosh that is funny. And by the way poor you. But it's good he goes outside all the time now. I wish Hershey let me know when she needs to go out. I just go outside with her all the time. I spend more time outside than inside :?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
but he seems to like to go about 5 times and then come in and wait a few minutes.. just when I am all comfy and cozy in bed againa nd then he wants out again..... he did this for 3 hours this morning..

LOL - I know it isn't funny, but this is exactly what my Tia used to do to me, only hers was when we went to bed at night. I would take her out and sometimes stay out with her for 20-30 minutes, and nothing. Finally go back in, get all settled and comfy in bed, hear her jump down off the bed, and there she is standing there by the bed, just stareing at me. That was how she let me know she wanted to go out - sit and stare, then run to the front door, then back and sit and stare again. This would sometimes happen two or three times, and by the time she would finally settle down, I would be wide awake. :lol: Grrr .......

I've solved this problem with Jasmine. I leave her potty pad down at night, and she uses that. I also leave one down when I'm gone during the day. This has worked out really well for me so far. I was a little concerned at first that she would stop going outside, but so far she is doing great.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gadget has his potty pad in the bathroom and he uses it at night and in the morning but he still wants to go outside too... it is like he starts there and wants to finish outside.. hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts