Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chi male puppy Tigger is about 5.5 months old and he does fine when he sits with me he just licks me or sleeps on me but when he does something bad like when he has something in his mouth that he is not suppose to I try tell him no then i try to get it away from him and he starts growling, barking and snapping at me like its life and death for him then when i manage to get the thing away from him its like nothing ever happened and he is old sweet calm self.Is this normal or do i have to crack down and train him better should i spray him with water when he get aggressive?

·
Registered
481 Posts
yes,use a water spray,some people use a water pistol but i think this is a bit harsh!
spraying does help to train but im having a problem with my chi and aggresiveness with people and i dont know if i can spray him infront of people!they would probally say i was being cruel which it isnt at all,alot of breeders use this method but only do it rarely when a firm NO doesnt work.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use the water spray on Peanut and also on my cats when they bother my birds.. I have found that putting my hand over Peanuts food as he eats allows him to feel more comfortable and less food aggressive.
You could try doing that with food and even holding a nylabone for him while he chews and putting your hand closer and closer to his mouth every so often.
Tigger could just be afraid that you will take his food, which you will if he is eating something that hes not supposed to, but trying to get him to be less food aggressive if he is at all food aggressive might help.
Good Luck

By the way... WELCOME :wave:

Yael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts