Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sammy is almost 6 months and she has her permanent teeth coming in. The back molars look fine, it's the front ones that I am worried about. They look like two sets of teeth are there. The baby ones and the permanent ones.

Is this normal or should I have her see a vet?

Her eating and certainly biting her toys aren't affected.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Has she lost any teeth? Someone on here mentioned that if they don't lose their teeth they have to be pulled out, the permanent teeth shouldn't be coming in with the baby teeth still in place, so she has her baby teeth in place with the permanent ones visibly showing? If so see your vet to make sure...

:wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yep they need to be extracted. chiwi's going through the same thing. she looks like a shark with all those teeth in that tiny mouth. she will be getting it taken care of when she gets spayed next month....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luv4mygirls said:
yep they need to be extracted. chiwi's going through the same thing. she looks like a shark with all those teeth in that tiny mouth. she will be getting it taken care of when she gets spayed next month....
exactly, she has two rows of teeth coming in. I guess I can wait until her spay next month as well, seeing that it doesn't bother her eating or chewing toys.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
ngtah00 said:
luv4mygirls said:
exactly, she has two rows of teeth coming in. I guess I can wait until her spay next month as well, seeing that it doesn't bother her eating or chewing toys.
right. and you don't want her to have to go under anesthesia more than she really has to. it's par to f the reason i'm waiting a little bit longer, so her teethacan finish doing what they are doing and i can get it all done and over with in one shot with her spay, not have to come back a few months later and get the rest of the teeth done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts