Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the age and weight thread I posted that Spice is 16 weeks and weighs 3lb. I was then wondering is that a bit heavy for her age and want to post a few pics so u can tell me if she looks pudgy? She is a greedy pup and eats more than Sugar. I don't think she's overwieght myself, but she is a heavy wee pup!

She was a smaller pup than Sugar was at 8 weeks but both her parents are bigger adults than both of Sugars parents if that helps :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
She looks like a healthy puppy should, to me! I do not worry about weight and shape until after spay, which for us was after 6 months.
Before that they are just puppies and I would never diet a puppy. Too much growing to do and nutrition needed.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank u! I don't think she looks fat myself and because she was such a tiny pup I was feeding her up, letting her eat as much as she wants at meal times as that's wat my vet said was best to do with small chi pups! His wife has 13 chihuahuas and he said that's wat they do with hers.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I 100% agree with Karen. She looks fine for her age.

She's cute by the way. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
That 'charts' her at 5 lbs...she looks like she has some nice substance to her and good bone. I wouldn't worry...she just may have a more 'sturdy' appearance vs. a weedier one.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I 100% agree with Karen. She looks fine for her age.

She's cute by the way. :)
Ok that's good thanks, just wanted to make sure!

Thank u!

That 'charts' her at 5 lbs...she looks like she has some nice substance to her and good bone. I wouldn't worry...she just may have a more 'sturdy' appearance vs. a weedier one.
Oh that's good to hear, ye she's a stocky wee thing, she still looks small cos she's short, but she's cobby. So u don't think she will be a big chi just stocky?
It's funny how everyone I kno commented on how "big" Sugar was as a pup and how "tiny" Spice was and now Spice is close to outgrowing her!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Based on her build, I do think she will be smaller for whatever her ultimate adult weight is, yes :) More weight in a smaller area, if you will. She just has more bone and a bit larger head, so that's how it tends to work. Stockier chis often tend to seem smaller.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That is TRUE! I have a friend who argues that Hope MUST weigh more than Ruby. Ruby is lankier and Hope more stocky. They are close in weight but Ruby has her beat in height and long, lean body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts