Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, of course pups bite and chew, but it is driving me crazy!!! :shock: Hershey is even tearing up parts of the hardwood floor and kitchen floor and chewing it. :roll: And my poor hands have just been bit on until I can hardly stand it. How old are they when they slack up on the biting/chewing??? Unless he has worn himself out, I can't love on Hersh cause he bites my hands, nose, cheeks, neck... just everything! He is WILD! LOL! :lol:

Thank God for the xpen, I'd never see any rest if not for that. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I always replaced a toy with whatever Cooper was chewing on... it saves your hands, carpet, underwear.... :lol:

I can't remember when he stopped his puppy chewing phase but it was before he was a year old, I think. Or maybe it was the day I yanked out all his teeth... hmmmm... I don't know. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cooper said:
I always replaced a toy with whatever Cooper was chewing on... it saves your hands, carpet, underwear.... :lol:
Oh, trust me, I try this. Every time. He just casts the toy aside and goes right back to the flesh, floor, or whatever "no-no" he was chewing on. LoL :lol: I'm always saying, "No, Hershey, no chewing on my hand, chew this toy instead.", He completely ignores Mommy. :roll:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I can't remember exactly when Jazzy stopped chewing on most things. I think it was around 8 months, cause she is almost a year old now and she has been past that stage for a while now - thank goodness.

Oh, she will still chew on socks, underwear, etc. if she has the chance, but I just make sure she doesn't have the opportunity. And if one of her toys gets just the tiniest little hole in it, she will manage to enlarge that hole and pull out all the stuffing. :lol: But at least she has stopped trying to eat the carpet and the furniture....whew!! My computer desk has the corners chewed off on all four corners. Guess that pressed particle board is really yummy. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts