Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

just wondering what you think I should do I got back from work today and Ozzy just isnt his self he is very quiet and sleepy and ususally he is bounding around full of energy , I dont know what to do he hasnt been sick hasnt had diarrhoea - he has had a little bit of brekkie but not his usual amount - he has refused treats and has just slept all day long upstairs out of the way when usually he stays downstairs or whereever you are .

I dont want to trouble the vets when there is nothing specific I can say plus it is the weeknd and all so it is emergewncy vets

what should i do with my little guy :cry:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Call the vet and explain to them what he is doing.
Let them decide if you should observe him for a while or take him in.
Is he drinking?
When Koke got diarrhea they told me to give her Pediolite. It's the stuff you give to baby's when they are sick to keep them from getting dehydrated.
Any way it seemed to perk Koke up more than the nutrical. Nutracal works better on Sandy.
I know you said Ozzy doesn't have diarrhea but it might be worth a try.

But call the vet and ask them, please!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well he has since seemed to brighten up a little bit now he has just had a bit of dinner and has been outside to have a wee I think i will monitor him for a while longer before calling vets if he seems like he is still improving I shant bother them but if he is the same or worse I shall ring them :wave:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Poor Ozzy. :( Do you have some Enervite or any other type of high caloric supplement? He may just need alittle boost. Do make sure he's drinking water though.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hope he is ok. I know that is scary. I wouldn't ever feel bad about calling the Vet, he expects you to. You pay a good amount when you go there, so I wouldn't feel bad about calling. He may have some great advise for you, plus it will give you peace of mind. Sounds like he improving from earlier though, keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It's times like these when you really wish dogs could talk! I being a paranoid mommy would call the vet just to discuss it. However, I assume (especially since you said he is a little better now) that he will be just fine.

Maybe he found something around the house and ate it, and now he has a bit of a belly ache? Anyway, keep us posted. I'll be thinking about the little guy. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Awww keep us posted on how he is feeling.
A few years back 1 of my kitties had fever and wouldn't move. I took her to the vet and there wasn't anything they could really do. Soon after she was fine. She was just a little sick.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo gets like that once in awhile....he is just having a day like we do probably. Sure hope he is back to his old self soon. I hate when they act like that. I am all over Kemo when he is like that. :wave:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hope that Ozzy is feeling more the thing. I have one that does that-Opal will be lethargic, not wanting to do anything for a day and then the next day she is back in shape. Sometimes I think that it is just for the attention. I took her to the vet the first time that she did this, but they could not find a thing wrong. I was happy that they could not find anything, but a little unhappy for the emergency vet visit..yuk, those are expensive. :dontknow:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes the little faker is absolutely fine today im sure he just wanted extra love of mommy - he puked twice yesterday and now is fine

thanks for all the advice :wave:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm glade to here he is doing better.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Maybe he just got a bit of leaf or something that didn't agree with him.
Just had an upset tummy.
I am so glad he is fine now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts