Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I tried to get Paco out for his bedtime potty break. It was cold, about 0, and I had to push him out the door. He whirled around and hurried back in. I pushed him out again, a little farther this time. Again he zipped right back in the house. The third time I pushed him out a couple feet and quickly shut the door. A few seconds later I went to let him in and he wasn't at the door. Very unusual for him and major panic set in. I grabbed a flashlight and searched the yard. He was no where to be found. I searched the neighbor's yards and up and down the streets calling for him. All summer /fall I had him on a chain when he was out to potty, or on a leash and I would go out with him. I realized I don't have to do that now that it's cold because Paco hates the cold and all he wants is to get back in. I don't have to worry about him getting through the fence or wanting to go anywhere. Yet he was gone and I looked for what seemed like forever before going home to get some shoes on and grab a coat. I walked into the bedroom for my shoes and there on the bed was Paco curled up with Chester, my Westie! Man, what a relief! Apparently the third time when I shoved him out to potty he again had zipped back in and somehow I managed to not see it. He's so quick. Much quicker than my eyes it seems. I was so happy to see him there in bed all warm and cozy and safe. With him hating so much going out in the cold I think it's going to be a very long winter.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
lol How funny. They can be so quick. Mine hate the cold too, but thank goodness we don't have snow here. I am so glad he was safe in the house. I "lost" my baby once when he was 7 weeks old, he was so tiny, I was afraid he may have found a way to get through the fence. I was in full panic mode until I found him in my daughter's room, exploring. Do you have a jacket for him? Mine are not too bad on a cold night if I put their jackets on before letting them out to pee.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Maybe you should chi proof your garden I put a garden mesh over every gap to stop mine getting out also keep treats by the door to get him in!!

We've had a girl go missing on here 2 days ago so maybe you could learn from your scare and totally secure your garden

1 - 4 of 4 Posts