Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll bet I'm posting this in the wrong place. Sorry if I am. So many areas to post here! So much to learn, like how to post pictures. Just wanted to share this with you all. I met a columnist from our newspaper at a dog event several years ago and we've kind of stayed in touch. She contacted me a couple weeks ago about wanting to do a story for the paper for Adopt A Shelter Dog Month. She said she was going to use my Paco in her article. I figured maybe a sentence or two but when I saw it in yesterday's paper she had given us several paragraphs. The story featured only her recently adopted dog, and my Paco. I've had him only six weeks and it seems he is now a celebrity! LOL! She called attention to the 60% of dogs in shelters being put down simply because there are no available homes for them. Killed for the "crime" of being born, She put in a much deserved good word for our shelter staff and volunteers, and urged the public to look there first when thinking of adding a dog to their family. She used Paco as an example of one of the lucky ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts