Chihuahua People Forum banner

Paige keeps messing in her crate.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  18453 
#1 ·
Hi All.

So, Im struggeling with Paige. She keeps messing in her crate at night. Shes fine all thru the day, dosent have any accidents in the house. But at night she poos in her bed and isnt a bit bothered by it. Shes had to have a bath this morning because it was all over her. Gross. Ive tried putting her in a tiny crate so shes only got enough room to turn around and she still does it.

Shes now 8 months.

The breeder i got her from kept her dogs in big crates (the open top ones) and i think shes just got into the habbit of messing at night and Im struggling to break the habbit. Ive tried feeding her earlier in the evening (4.30-5pm) so she has enough time to empty her bowels before bedtime. But its not making the slightest bit of difference.

PLEASE HELP!!! This is getting me down.

x

#5 ·
Oh this really sucks I noticed there was papers in their pens when you picked her up which is hard to get them out of it. All I can think of is to get up randomly and let her out if she doesn't go before bed :( daisy went through a stage like this altho she never went in her crate other than when she had upset stomach she just use to woof to wake me up

Poor Paige and poor you no one likes clearing up poo especially when it's squished

#7 ·
I'd you remember they were all on paper with the bedding hanging over the top which makes me think they moved the bedding cos they maybe all did it on the bedding.

It's doing my head in. I've got enough washing with 4 kids let alone having to wash bedding everyday too!!! She's doing so well otherwise. Just need to break this one habit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.