Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
If she is in that much pain you need to call the DVM....I would be doing that right away....I used a warm water bottle wrapped in a towel and let my girls lay with that and it seemed to soothe them....

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have an emergency vet? If she is in a lot of pain, you really need to get her some pain meds. You may be able to call them and just pick up some pain meds if they know she was just spayed.
No there isent any :( only in Falmouth (20 mins from us) but my mums on tablets and after she has taken them she can't legally drive :( I have no idea what to do! :'(

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
I'm not sure how it works there, but calls to emergency vets here are free. It's just if you need them to come for a visit that there's a crazy cost associated. I would call any emergency vet, even if they're not super close. That doesn't really help if there aren't any stores open though. Are there any emergency vets there that would travel?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure how it works there, but calls to emergency vets here are free. It's just if you need them to come for a visit that there's a crazy cost associated. I would call any emergency vet, even if they're not super close. That doesn't really help if there aren't any stores open though. Are there any emergency vets there that would travel?
I don't know any emergency vets , you have to go through a call centre and then send a vet out for a stupid price ! It's not food here as my vets is a tiny one and there's barly any money ect. :( we only moved to his one a year ago so we don't dealt know much about it as there's only 2 vets in our town and the other one killed my hamster :(

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Hmm... Well if you can't get to a vet, I am not sure what else you can do besides make her comfortable... Get her wrapped up in a nice cozy blanket and make sure she is eating/drinking. Call the vet first thing in the morning.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
That's too bad Shannon. I agree with Missy. You don't want to give her anything without proper dosing instructions, etc., so making her comfortable is really the only thing to do for right now. Do you have a heating pad (or even a hot water bottle)? Only use on low temperature, covered by a towel or light blanket, and only use if she can get up and away if she gets too hot. It might be some comfort to her and encourage her to sleep? Poor girl. Since your vet isn't near you, you would think that they would have given you some metacam or something just in case.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's too bad Shannon. I agree with Missy. You don't want to give her anything without proper dosing instructions, etc., so making her comfortable is really the only thing to do for right now. Do you have a heating pad (or even a hot water bottle)? Only use on low temperature, covered by a towel or light blanket, and only use if she can get up and away if she gets too hot. It might be some comfort to her and encourage her to sleep? Poor girl. Since your vet isn't near you, you would think that they would have given you some metacam or something just in case.
My vet is in my town but there is no emergency vet ect. Attached to it :(

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Oh poor Tillie, night time always seems to be the worst for little ones, human kids included. Just try to keep her comfortable, and use a heating pad like was suggested. Im sure she will be a little better in the morning. But call your vet as soon as you can in the AM. Good luck Shannon and try to get some sleep. Hugs...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.